Active Topics

whats the effwctive difference between using nokia messaging vs mfe for gmail ie battery use, performance,reliability,push

using nm now but was using mfe on s60.

Originally Posted by nightfire View Post
Well, I don't remember enrolling my WinMO device, but maybe they changed the policy or something.

I still have my old phone... anyone know if it's possible to retrieve old certs from it?
AFAIK it is not possible to to export the personal certificate from the device as it is a security issue. If someone could do that he/she could install it on another device and impersonate you.

If you still have your WinMo device go to Settings->System->Certificates, I have one in Personal tab and that is the one which is used by ActiveSync to authenticate itself to the Exchange server.

I'm gonna talk to my IT on Monday, they somehow support stupid iPhones so there must be another way to generate those certs other than enrolling in ActiveSync.

From memory when I set my companies ActiveSync, I tested using my own generated certificate which I had to add to my device.

Once all testing was complete, I purchased a certificate from a root level provider (eg. GoDaddy). If you have one from a root level provider, you shouldn't need to register the certificate. If you don't, then you would have to register it in the appropriate place on the N900.

If you have a copy of the certificate, page 93 of the manual should tell you how to add it (Settings -> Certificate Manager).

I just checked my old Windows phone and I don't have any personal certs, so it much be a capabilities issue.

Originally Posted by nightfire View Post
I just checked my old Windows phone and I don't have any personal certs, so it much be a capabilities issue.
Good for you.
I'm returning mine to Amazon.
Our IT requires provisioning and I just verified that N900 doesn't work in our wireless LAN as well (802.11x +PEAP/MSCHAPV2 and WEP). It is back to crappy but working WinMo for me.

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
My N900 is collecting dust. I just have not had time to return it. Back to the iPhone........Same issue. Can't connect to my corporate email. No wonder Nokia can not compete where it matters:USA

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
My N900 is collecting dust. I just have not had time to return it. Back to the iPhone........Same issue. Can't connect to my corporate email. No wonder Nokia can not compete where it matters:USA
Why would USA be where it matters?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strutten For This Useful Post:
Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by bmouring View Post
Note the HTTP 449 return code, which seems to be linked to provisioning, but as I said above, I am almost certain that non-provisionable devices work with the server.

Anyone seen something similar? vitaly, thoughts? Additional troubleshooting steps?
What I see from the logs is that HTTP error 449 is returned. It means that server requires provisioning. As N900 does not support it, it shows the error message to you.

Check the protocol details here: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...-ASPROV%5D.pdf Page 37 of the document. As N900 does not support provisioning, it aborts the sync when HTTP error code 449 is received from the server.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Urmond, Netherlands
Good to have you back, Vitaly. Any news of the errors from syncing the n900 with Kerio Mailserver?

Originally Posted by Strutten View Post
Why would USA be where it matters?
There are no stupid questions, just people that ask questions.

Last edited by CrashandDie; 2010-02-02 at 06:53. Reason: Removed insult. Please try to remain constructive.

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!