Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Hey Conny.

My Ubuntu One client seemed to start connecting and working again this morning. I did a few syncs with Tomboy on my laptop and it seemed to work.

I then tried syncing Conboy (0.6) on my n810 to see what would happen. New error message now, so I thought I'd post it for you.

--------

Synchronization Failed

Error Message was:
Expected sync rev (35) and actual
sync rev (34) are not the same

-------------

I thought I'd try to re-authenticate Conboy in case that was causing the problem. Same error (with the same sync rev numbers) came up. Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nelson L. Squeeko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
Hey Conny.

My Ubuntu One client seemed to start connecting and working again this morning. I did a few syncs with Tomboy on my laptop and it seemed to work.
Does Tomboy-U1 sync completely work for you? Because if I try it, I no longer get an error message, but changes I make to existing local notes, don't show up on U1. Can you confirm this?

Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
I then tried syncing Conboy (0.6) on my n810 to see what would happen. New error message now, so I thought I'd post it for you.

--------

Synchronization Failed

Error Message was:
Expected sync rev (35) and actual
sync rev (34) are not the same

-------------

I thought I'd try to re-authenticate Conboy in case that was causing the problem. Same error (with the same sync rev numbers) came up. Hope this helps.
Yea, that's the actual problem I wanted to fix, but I didn't start yet, because of the general sync problems.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Does Tomboy-U1 sync completely work for you? Because if I try it, I no longer get an error message, but changes I make to existing local notes, don't show up on U1. Can you confirm this?

Yea, that's the actual problem I wanted to fix, but I didn't start yet, because of the general sync problems.
I haven't yet had the chance to check if changes I made get uploaded to the server. I just tried syncing and got no error messages (then tried once more in case it was a fluke), and that's about all the time I had for it before I had to leave for work.

I'll try and test it again after work today if I remember.

hello Conny,

I am very new to all this. Just got a nice used N810 on EBay, new to Linux, but have been using Posix (Mac) for a few years, light user "under the hood", but not afraid of the terminal.

I love the idea of synching my Tomboy and Conboy notes, via Ubuntu. It is a little confusing if I need to add a plug-in or something to try to synch my Conboy to Ubuntu, and from the thread I am unclear if the problems are resolved by this date.

Basic Procedural Question: in Conboy settings screen, do I enter the server name (https://one.ubuntu.com/notes/) on the line with the authenticate field?

Thanks in advance,
and kind regards from Sunnyvale, CA.

JF aka wave_man

Update:

I learned the answer to my own question by continuing to play around. But the ubuntu server seems to be getting hung up on the authorization attempt. Just a blank screen after I enter username and password, does not kick back to Conboy. Bummer. Any suggestions, or is this just a ubuntu problem?

Regards,

JF

I have not yet improved the synchronization. Last weekend, when I wanted to do it, I had troubles with Ubuntu One. If the problems are gone next weekend, IŽll sit down and do some coding.
Watch this thread, IŽll write as soon as I have something new - cannot promise anything, though.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Southern Germany
Seems as if I am running into bugzilla bug #7185 with the json_get_note_list() returned NULL when syncing via UbuntuOne with the latest version from extras-devel.

Any idea how to get around this?

Last edited by ofels; 2010-01-21 at 09:38.

Originally Posted by ofels View Post
Seems as if I am running into bugzilla bug #7185 with the json_get_note_list() returned NULL.

Any idea how to get around this?
Wait until IŽve fixed the bug Or, send me a patch. Unfortunately I donŽt see other options right now.

Oh and if someone could test whether or not U1 servers are working correctly again, that would be great. See http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=22

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Southern Germany
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Wait until IŽve fixed the bug Or, send me a patch. Unfortunately I donŽt see other options right now.
No problem, indeed. I just had the hope that there is a workaround available.

Oh and if someone could test whether or not U1 servers are working correctly again, that would be great. See http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=22
Added a note on U1, synced it to Tomboy on my office PC, deleted it locally and synced it back to U1.
Everything worked as expected.

The Following User Says Thank You to ofels For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ofels View Post
Added a note on U1, synced it to Tomboy on my office PC, deleted it locally and synced it back to U1.
Everything worked as expected.
Could you also please try this:
1) Create new local note
2) Sync to U1
3) Change the content of that note
4) Sync to U1

Do the changes show up on the U1 web interface?