Active Topics

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post
Well I got my sleeve from sfbags.com and it's exactly what I was looking for. I have my phone in my pants pocket so it needs no drop protection or anything else. All it needs is protection from all the rubbing inside the pocket. This sleeve does that perfectly. The outside pocket is also handy if you want to throw some cash in it...credit card...or maybe a USB cable or something.

In terms of screen protectors, I've tried the ZAGG one and it's pure garbage. It makes the screen impossible to use because it is sticky as hell and it also makes the screen slightly blurry/introduces artifacts. Because it's so damn sticky it collects dust like crazy. I could only put up with it for 1 day after which I took it off and thew it out. I will stay without a screen protector and if the scratches get bad, I'll simply replace it with new parts.
I just received my sleeve w/ pocket from SF Bags as well. Does yours fit your n900 perfectly flush? Mine seems way too big, considering that they advise customers not to worry if the sleeve seems too small (as it is supposed to stretch out to fit in time).

In any case, Gary's customer service is as advertised: absolutely top-notch. He asked me to take some pictures of the n900 in the sleeve so that he can see if they can get a better fitting one for me.

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
I just received my sleeve w/ pocket from SF Bags as well. Does yours fit your n900 perfectly flush? Mine seems way too big, considering that they advise customers not to worry if the sleeve seems too small (as it is supposed to stretch out to fit in time).
Same here -- it's quite loose, nothing like the one I had for my TouchPro. But then, we DID give them custom measurements rather than buying one for the N900... oh, well. It's not that terrible, and the back pocket is very stretchy.

I got Vikuiti DQC-160 and invisible shield and i got a say i like the IS more. I just couldn't get the Vikuiti perfect. There where always left some bubbles. IS needed one try and it was pretty much perfect. After 2 days there is no single bubble or anything and i don't find the surface to be any trouble.
Ordered the Vikuiti because my IS order did take 17 days to ship and after hearing bad comments about it, but i'm really happy with IS and it will be the one staying on my N900.

Thought one really good thing with Vikuiti is that it was easy to take off and shouldn't be problem to put it back and i do like the coating.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Como, Italy
I'm quite happy with invisibleshield as well. I just don't understand why people tend to dislike it. The only negative thing it has for me is the high price

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by smage View Post
Ok I just received the qubit as well.

The bottom piece is very stable, but the top piece sometimes comes off while opening closing the keyboard. It just does not feel stable. Anyone else with the qubit can comment on the top piece stability and fit?
For me the top part fits snugly and is 100% stable - it hasn't come off at all.

Slide the keyboard open, turn the device over, and look for the two tiny plastic lugs that hold it in place. Do you need to push the top cover on a bit harder so that those lugs will clip over the edge of the N900? There lugs on the opposite edge of the top cover are not so easy to inspect.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Como, Italy
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
For me the top part fits snugly and is 100% stable - it hasn't come off at all.

Slide the keyboard open, turn the device over, and look for the two tiny plastic lugs that hold it in place. Do you need to push the top cover on a bit harder so that those lugs will clip over the edge of the N900? There lugs on the opposite edge of the top cover are not so easy to inspect.
I found those tiny things, and they lock onto place but the keyboard side lacks those tiny things and when I push from that side it moves or loosens, possibly coming off

In any case, Gary's customer service is as advertised: absolutely top-notch. He asked me to take some pictures of the n900 in the sleeve so that he can see if they can get a better fitting one for me.
Mine fits perfectly...not too loose or too tight. They either sent you the wrong one or they used the wrong dimensions to make it? Did you ask them for custom dimensions when you ordered?

Either way I am sure they will make it right..their support is outstanding.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post
Mine fits perfectly...not too loose or too tight. They either sent you the wrong one or they used the wrong dimensions to make it? Did you ask them for custom dimensions when you ordered?

Either way I am sure they will make it right..their support is outstanding.
I did not ask for custom dimensions because the N900 was already listed on their website by the time I ordered.

In any case, I have been impressed by their support so far so I am not too worried about things not working out.

I did not ask for custom dimensions because the N900 was already listed on their website by the time I ordered.

In any case, I have been impressed by their support so far so I am not too worried about things not working out.
Who knows...I ordered mine before they had it listed on the site and I asked for the specific phone dimensions...which I got from the nokia site

i have bought a Leather Case for Nokia N900 - Vertical Pouch Type BLACK FROM PDAIR

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector