Gotta post the usuals!
Pic of device :0
Does mic work
has it rebooted
how sexy is it?
(has it made you a cup of tea yet?)

Also did it fly in !!!

Importantly has it become self aware ?
Ordered 4th December 2009 - Heard didly squat to date-but then again im not expecting too-although advertising on your site order before 3 will be with you next day is false advertising (this is a long signature)phone arrived 10/12/09 at 12.55

Got a courtesy call from Doug (MDP webshop manager)

I emailed them complaining and to find the status of my order, all polite of course.

He was very kind and assured me that they are doing their best under the circumstances and I believe them.

He checked my order and its in Guildford and went on explaining.

"Our Guildford store has had problems, due to their staff numbers and order problems they are a little behind as they are running more than they can handle"

He assured me he will contact Guildford again by 3pm to chase my order and he will complete my order and will receive it Thursday / Friday latest.

Obviously they are doing the best they can and unforeseen problems crippled them they are not that huge however Nokia used them to do their contracts.

In the end, Nokia decided to use MPD as their contracts sales, even though MPD might not be that big their a business and they took it on to make money.

Nokia shipped not enough phones at the beginning.

Nokia communication to MPD was poor.

Nokia did not ship enough full stop to meet the demand, same as when the wii fit came out, they were like gold dust.

I think Nokia underestimated how huge N900 will be from day 1 and everything from then went tits up.

Yes MPD could have used more/better communication to us but because they hardly knew themselves what was going on, it would just be a blaming contest between MDP/Nokia/Distribution and that is not good for a company to blame your partners.

I for one believe that they are trying their best to get all orders out there. They are swamped with work and phone calls from angry people who are blaming them for everything, I for one will be stressed and probably say "Ringing about the N900?.......F**Off"

Just my 2cents and a heads up

N900 - 23/11/2009 13:07:00 Voda-30+web "Ready To Despatch" @ 4/12
Courtesy call from MPD Manger - After a complaint email sent
Guildford store is experiencing problems, if you ordered early and still not arrived, most likly from this store - wait until Friday and if not email Karl
Delivery confirmation 09/12 @ 4pm
Received another call from MPD manager saying 100% left Guildford
Received 10/12 @ 10am

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by SHR3WD View Post
Btw that ebay Nokia Pouch sucks lol N900 hardly fits in :/
Have ta use it for time being until INVISIBLEShield Arrives
ooo i like it :0 - for 2.99 fits mine snuggly - not too hard to get it in and out? maybe we got random sizes?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Woohoooo! nice!
Gotta post the usuals!
Pic of device :0
Does mic work
has it rebooted
how sexy is it?
(has it made you a cup of tea yet?)

No photos as I'm at work - but the mic works, so far no reboot.

Very sexy indeed - first task of the day was logging into Google (I was a G1 user before this), export my contacts as .vcf, download to the n900 and import - easy as pie!

I'm at work so i can't play too much - but so far I'm impressed!

Damnit - I spend a over a month frustrated waiting for this device now I have to work while it's sitting next to me charging - I want to plaaaay!

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
ooo i like it :0 - for 2.99 fits mine snuggly - not too hard to get it in and out? maybe we got random sizes?
Not hard to take out but while getting it in corners are too tight.. but it's fine for the price lol

BTW This Phone is PRICELESS! So Much <3!!
Been using it since 2 hours, no reboot no dead pixel and i almost forgot to check my mic lol Just called a mate from the n900 while talking to him i remembered "O O MIC Works" xD,
I hope it doesn't reboot in future :<

Charging Finished in 3 hours, should i take the charger out now?
heard some people say keep it in for a night :/

/me Listening to TranceBase.fm on N900 ft. Senheiser earphones =
UPDATE 12:35 7/12: Got called for Payment Confirmation, and was told delivery Tuesday! <3 UPDATE : Delivered Wednesday! Status + Email = Complete + Dispatched.

The Following User Says Thank You to SHR3WD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by crayfish View Post
Damnit - I spend a over a month frustrated waiting for this device now I have to work while it's sitting next to me charging - I want to plaaaay!
Look at it this way, at least it is getting a proper full charge before you use it - which should be done anyway.

It's all good!

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bath, UK
I have just used the FM transmitter while dropping my brother to the train station - fabulous!!!!
audio quality on speakers, fm transmitter and headphones is superb.
also, the screen is just beautiful
pictures taken with the camera are brilliant quality and watching the two short videos on the phone is a pleasure.
all in all, everything so far has been amazing.
and I love the attention to detail, for example when connecting the charger it makes an almost robotic, transformers style noise!!! like its really powering up.

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Rcampbell View Post
I have just used the FM transmitter while dropping my brother to the train station - fabulous!!!!
audio quality on speakers, fm transmitter and headphones is superb.
also, the screen is just beautiful
pictures taken with the camera are brilliant quality and watching the two short videos on the phone is a pleasure.
all in all, everything so far has been amazing.

Yeah it's Awesome xD

What store did you get it from?
UPDATE 12:35 7/12: Got called for Payment Confirmation, and was told delivery Tuesday! <3 UPDATE : Delivered Wednesday! Status + Email = Complete + Dispatched.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bath, UK
Originally Posted by SHR3WD View Post
What store did you get it from?
Reading, about 300 miles from here