Posts: 102 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kolkata, India
what I dont understand is that...any changes that were made were purely software in nautre..the hardware specs are sealed..why could they not start selling the phone and on the inputs of the valued 300 and other power users improve the phone..i mean, it is impossible to produce the perfect phone and thats the cost of being an early adopter...early adopters always have buggy software..and ive learnt to live with it...you market the phone as a power user Raw Computer phone..it is understandable that like wine, the older nokia phones get the more stable the firmware becomes...Why the sudden rush in stabalizing it..???

Received 3 minutes ago, about my UK pre-order made on 1 October.

Dear Customer

We’re sorry to again advise you that the N900 has been delayed. There is however good news - Nokia have advised that we will receive stock into our Nokia Retail stores to allow us to dispatch your N900 on the 3rd December. Please accept our sincere apologies for this further delay which is out of our control, and be assured that you are on a priority list for dispatch of a Nokia N900 as soon as it becomes available.

Nokia Retail stores and Nokia online are the only place that the N900 is currently available on a pay monthly contract. For more details of the Nokia N900 please visit our new Nokia Retail website www.nokiaretail.co.uk

If you would like to discuss your pending order please email us at webshop@nokiaretail.co.uk.

Nokia Retail

Experience the speed and raw power of the N900 Mobile Computer from Nokia. It features 600 MHz processor and up to 1 GB of application memory enabling you to run all your applications quickly. This Mobile Computer ... Full Description
Starting Price $599.99

Total Savings $70.00

Mail in Rebate $50.00

Subtotal $479.99

Subtotal price includes mail in rebate. Please review Rebate Form for details.

Last edited by Ebaul; 2009-11-19 at 17:39. Reason: this is from Dell website BTW

Originally Posted by tomraider View Post

Dear Customer

We’re sorry to again advise you that the N900 has been delayed. There is however good news - Nokia have advised that we will receive stock into our Nokia Retail stores to allow us to dispatch your N900 on the 3rd December. Please accept our sincere apologies for this further delay which is out of our control, and be assured that you are on a priority list for dispatch of a Nokia N900 as soon as it becomes available.

Nokia Retail stores and Nokia online are the only place that the N900 is currently available on a pay monthly contract. For more details of the Nokia N900 please visit our new Nokia Retail website www.nokiaretail.co.uk

If you would like to discuss your pending order please email us at webshop@nokiaretail.co.uk.

Nokia Retail
BOLLOX...i think i;ll cancel my order with newegg and buy the Hero..

The Following User Says Thank You to lohiaprateek For This Useful Post:

received 3 minutes ago, about my uk pre-order made on 1 october.

Dear customer

we’re sorry to again advise you that the n900 has been delayed. There is however good news - nokia have advised that we will receive stock into our nokia retail stores to allow us to dispatch your n900 on the 3rd december. Please accept our sincere apologies for this further delay which is out of our control, and be assured that you are on a priority list for dispatch of a nokia n900 as soon as it becomes available.

Nokia retail stores and nokia online are the only place that the n900 is currently available on a pay monthly contract. For more details of the nokia n900 please visit our new nokia retail website www.nokiaretail.co.uk

if you would like to discuss your pending order please email us at webshop@nokiaretail.co.uk.

Nokia retail

got the same message just there what a joke

ya know its not even about the money anymore..i really dont mind paying the full 650$ as per nokia;s wesite...but i want the phone before the month end...

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Originally Posted by Footballdt23 View Post
got the same message just there what a joke
I am sure that this is mainly due that the first shippment is not as big as we hopped maybe you will get the 2nd shippment.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA

Dear Customer

Nokia Retail
I would LOVE for the people defending Nokia's first shipping announcement as "misinterpreted to be actually going to customers" to explain the new delay after this week's shipping announcement.

If the hardware is finalized, why don't they just deliver the s/w fixes post-delivery?

Perhaps I can suggest a new topic for conversations.nokia.com... How about in the next episode you converse with your customers?? Too novel a concept?

Originally Posted by lohiaprateek View Post
what I dont understand is that...any changes that were made were purely software in nautre..the hardware specs are sealed..why could they not start selling the phone and on the inputs of the valued 300 and other power users improve the phone..i mean, it is impossible to produce the perfect phone and thats the cost of being an early adopter...early adopters always have buggy software..and ive learnt to live with it...you market the phone as a power user Raw Computer phone..it is understandable that like wine, the older nokia phones get the more stable the firmware becomes...Why the sudden rush in stabalizing it..???
My guess is they are desperately trying to avoid the fiasco that was the N97 launch with the horrific software issues it came with in the beginning.

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange