Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
So, I just got a call from the manger who handles my business account ( about time, I asked her to call me over a week ago ) and she stated and I quote,

" Amazon does not have any units in any of it's warehouses, Nokia hasn't even notified our cellular executive team of when we can expect the units nor will they explain why there is a delay. Nokia is basically telling us nothing about when the product will be released or when we'll receive our stock."

She stated this was told to her by her sr.manager this morning at their daily manager business meeting--apparently Amazon is selling so many units, getting so many emails and phone calls everyday from customers asking "when", that upper management is finally telling there subordinates what is actually going on.

Something is going on with the N900 and Nokia obviously doesn't want people to know... I only hope she's wrong because otherwise it may be Jan.2010 when we get our phones.
Seriously, I think nothing happens with the N900 itself. There are now people using it for some time, and the NDAs seem to have expired. There's also some people that have used it on Nokia World 09 without signing any NDA and nobody seem to have noticed anything.

Said that, the only explication I could think of is because some operators are suspicious about letting N900 work on their networks. If Nokia solds you a device like this for 600€ and your operator doesn't let you connect to their 3G network, it would be a *HUGE FAIL* for Nokia.

Last edited by Ignacius; 2009-10-19 at 21:24.

Hmm, I wonder if the delay is to bring the N900 into line with the launch of Project Black.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by Ignacius View Post
Seriously, I think nothing happens with the N900 itself. There are now people using it for some time, and the NDAs seem to have expired. There's also some people that have used it on Nokia World 09 without signing any NDA and nobody have seem to have noticed anything.

Said that, the only explication I could think of is because some operators are suspicious about letting N900 work on their networks. If Nokia solds you a device like this for 600€ and your operator doesn't let you connect to their 3G network, it would be a *HUGE FAIL* for Nokia.
Doubtful, otherwise every unlocked phone ever made by every cell company would probably get delayed so they could make sure they had the 'approval' of the networks that the phone 'might' be operating on.

I used my E90 on both AT&T and now T-Mobile, and I'm sure Nokia never asked them for permission. The service providers need the cell companies, otherwise it's just a name neither products or service.

-Socrates 469 BC

Last edited by spinnukur; 2009-10-19 at 21:33.

Hmmm I placed an order on clubmac.com and I check my status, it said in progress, so i gave them a call and the guy told me expect to ship tomorrow, I saw a few ppl on amazon also confirming reps from clubmac saying tomorrow is the expected date. I guess we'll see

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
While waiting, this is some amazing stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hGUKICDeok

Swear, no rick roll...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mengs For This Useful Post:
Mobile city online shows the Expected Arrival Date: Nov. 5, 2009

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...mpaign=froogle

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by Mengs View Post
While waiting, this is some amazing stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hGUKICDeok

Swear, no rick roll...

OMG, I want it...

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
More and more fresh N900 videos are popping up on youtube these days. What is NOKIA waiting for?

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Just called buy.com (Phone: 1-800-800-0800) and was told they do not know when the phone will be available at their stock. Plus they told me my credit card won't be charged if I pre-order from them.
hmm thats why the charge is on my bank statement

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by Sreenivas View Post
Mobile city online shows the Expected Arrival Date: Nov. 5, 2009

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...mpaign=froogle
Yeah... that date was changed from "october 12, 2009" to the newly set date. Don't believe it yet.

Closed Thread

Tags
boost karma here!, collective psychosis, drillee machine, elvis has an n900, fictional hardware, fixed in harmattan, funny tag competition, gimmie-gimmie-gimmie!!!, godot, haiku, is it here yet???, just around the corner, n900 & prejudice, n900 holy war, n900 shipping, no!, peter is so hot, poetry, private investigator, spy satellite, time killer, tweets showcase, urge to kill rising