Active Topics

Closed Thread
I feel like the only one who also fell in love with the bootooth and decided to pay a tad bit extra through nokia/brighthand

Lol, i still have my bluetooth from my arte, maybe I will use that with my N900.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Originally Posted by Hogwash View Post
I feel bad for the folks going to Amsterdam for the summit - it's a total fustercluck that they won't have their devices to play along with. In fact, it puts such a dent in the experience I'd probably cancel.
Originally Posted by Hogwash View Post
So they intentionally booked the summit before people would have their devices? How backasswards

Yes, I'm a new member, but I've observed from afar for some time. i made the jump as soon as I ordered my N900....I'm committed to developing software for this platform
Good thing you didn't book yourself for the Summit, or you'd probably cancel, and that might put a damper on your commitment to develop for the platform.

EDIT- I perceived your cancel comment above to refer to cancelling the devcie you ordered, not the Summit trip. I suspect I am mistaken.

It's usually good to see new blood in the forums, although if the blood comes from the back of Nokia as you remove your new N900 from it, one has to question your expectations on how your relationship will grow with Nokia given the angle of atta, er, approach you've taken with them in the relatively short duration of your TMO existence. Not all bridges are made of steel.

I truly do appreciate another developer coming on board the Maemo ship. I think we'll all be directing our energies at more positive conversations once devices are received.

Last edited by daveb70; 2009-10-02 at 02:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to daveb70 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Hogwash... lol... yeah, go ahead and cancel.

Making such rash statement without the facts... how's that working out for ya?

If you do a search for "n900" at amazon.de, there is no more phone in the results list.

I don't know what this means, but my order is still placed.

Edit: Works again... strange.

Last edited by Schimmel; 2009-10-02 at 10:30.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Hogwash... lol... yeah, go ahead and cancel.

Making such rash statement without the facts... how's that working out for ya?
mmm....
I was thinking of going to the summit, as I would love to meet the Maemo guys and get some face to face advice, but it does put a damper on it not having a device yet, and I have other stronger reasons for not being able to go (which is a real shame).

I don't think you could argue that it is bad timing, but it is also possible that this is due to a slip of the release date.
Both do have to be planned long in advance, so it's not impossible that the desire was to have the release before the summit...

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I think the N900 is a few weeks away still. My-Symbian reports they are in the process of adding 2 more gigs for apps before shipping. My guess is they are simply displacing some of the 32gb of onboard memory, but regardless, this means there are currently no devices on route to consumers.

If they were actually adding 2gbs more memory to the device, that would obviously be a while before shipping- a long while.

They're not adding 2gb more memory, they're just lifting the restriction on how much space the application can use on your device. It has nothing to do with changing the hardware.

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I think the N900 is a few weeks away still. My-Symbian reports they are in the process of adding 2 more gigs for apps before shipping. My guess is they are simply displacing some of the 32gb of onboard memory, but regardless, this means there are currently no devices on route to consumers.

If they were actually adding 2gbs more memory to the device, that would obviously be a while before shipping- a long while.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
Apparently, kingofgadgets.co.uk have received a note today from their distributor telling them the device was pushed back to around october 20th. Until now they were expecting it to arrive october 8th.

The wait is killing me

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by togashi View Post
Apparently, kingofgadgets.co.uk have received a note today from their distributor telling them the device was pushed back to around october 20th. Until now they were expecting it to arrive october 8th.

The wait is killing me
totally mishandled in my opinion , the release of this phone and the booklet 3G as well though not in topic here.
Ive expressed my frustrations already over a post, so wont do it again.

I guess , like some wise man said, wait till mid Oct and then start cribbing again in a new thread

Closed Thread

Tags
boost karma here!, collective psychosis, drillee machine, elvis has an n900, fictional hardware, fixed in harmattan, funny tag competition, gimmie-gimmie-gimmie!!!, godot, haiku, is it here yet???, just around the corner, n900 & prejudice, n900 holy war, n900 shipping, no!, peter is so hot, poetry, private investigator, spy satellite, time killer, tweets showcase, urge to kill rising