Active Topics

Notices

@Bundyo : I was wondering if you are the one and only Tear developper ? I see people asking for features or reporting bugs for 91 pages in this thread. How can you handle such a amount of feedback ?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yes, I'm the only active one at the moment. Its not that much really - its almost the same all those pages

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Yes, I'm the only active one at the moment. Its not that much really - its almost the same all those pages
Well Sir, then you deserve a medal because it blows me away with the resources that Nokia has that they couldn't have come up with something as efficient as tear for web browsing. I actually think it would have been a game changer for people that would have purchased the N810 if it wasn't for the slow browsing speed. Tear really is eye opening with how fast it renders websites and I'm truly appreciative for all your efforts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to callanish For This Useful Post:
I'm only writing an interface for webkit, which is actually doing the rendering

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
You might downplay your contribution in your eyes, but you've made the N810 user experience a whole hell of lot more enjoyable, so I still think you should get that medal even if it's only a virtual one.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to callanish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by callanish View Post
Well Sir, then you deserve a medal because it blows me away with the resources that Nokia has that they couldn't have come up with something as efficient as tear for web browsing. I actually think it would have been a game changer for people that would have purchased the N810 if it wasn't for the slow browsing speed. Tear really is eye opening with how fast it renders websites and I'm truly appreciative for all your efforts.
Nonetheless ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
bundyo look at what just the interface can do, my isp just reduced my connections bandwith because i have used too much of it, now the deal is due to low bandwith microb cannot even open the home page tethering to my phone BUT TEAR HAS SAVED ME AND I HAVE BEEN USING IT TO SURF EVERY SITE Even now posting this, it is find playing modesty but tear has really made our days better on this tablet have used it since day one and am realy happy Thanks mille fois.

Hey Bundyo, I noticed that the bug I filed disappeared (about bookmarklets like Evernote not working). Did I file it wrong or was it just fixed?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Probably you filed it wrong, did you confirm twice at the end?

Ok I'll try re-adding it. Also for the "google.com/calendar/gp" issue I have the same problem myself. It will load the events, but then blip and restart the process (showing the events listed in that day and then reload yet again. I couldn't find a way to comment on existing bugs there as a guest.

Edit: Posted the bug. http://bugs.bundyo.org/viewissue.php?issue_no=39

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-04-13 at 21:43.

Tags
brower, browser, browserd fix, khtml, microb alternative, microb killer, tear, webkit, www