Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
How do you set the keyboard shortcut to escape and other keys not present on the virtual keyboard? Accidentally pressed a button and now I can't set it back to escape.
Escape is the "back" key in the n8x0.

Best regards

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Chorley UK
Anybody used this to control EYEtv, the OSX DVR software?

Originally Posted by supernova_hq View Post
I would also like to know how to bind non-standard keys. I have a PS3 and as you may have notice from a previous post, a couple keys are escape and right-click, neither of which are options.

It would be cool if the "controller" mode could have "sub-modes" such as "PS3", "computer controller", "wii", etc.
In the next version I will work in the keyboard combined keys and missing keys.
The profile right with the "?" icon will be a PS3 profile or console profile, I'm expecting the help of the PS3 owners for suggestions of the needed buttons/keys

Originally Posted by supernova_hq View Post
My last question is whether or not this program would work on a standard linux machine, I would like to use my linux laptop as a keyboard/mouse for my PS3, but the only way to do that is via VNP on the N810. If anyone knows of another program that works in linux, that would be great also.
Right now it will work with just a few modifications, the problem here is the UI, doesn't exist EFL package available for the most common Linux distros, at this time, and compile everything is painful, so not ready for end users .

Originally Posted by mfortner View Post
Yes that I'm familiar with that post. Alas, despite that post I have not been able to get it working. I tried installing BlueMaemo 1.1 as well. I've tried booting from flash and also off the SD.

Anyone with any suggestions, please let me know.
You can try the following setup:

1- Follow the 5 steps described by phutterman in the thread cited.
2- Start BlueMaemo in the "Open connection" mode, in the Mac Side go to the Bluetooth preferences and choose to connect to n8x0.
3 - When you reach the connection, go to the mouse profile, and see if it works, if not continue there until get a message asking for connect again, hit yes.
4 - If it doesn't work, tell me what happens in the steps 2 and 3.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Escape is the "back" key in the n8x0.

Best regards

Thanks, now that I finally got it working in Vista with my external bluetooth adapter (had to hack around using widcomm) I can use it for presentations!

Couldn't do that with Ubuntu since I had to turn off Compiz just to get an external monitor to work.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

BlueMaemo is finally in the Extras repo

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/bluemaemo/

If you like BlueMaemo, help promoting the app with a comment/vote, this will show BlueMaemo to other user, that can bring new ideas

Thanks to all that made suggestion and features requests.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Costa Rica
Ready, I put a comment on maemo.org

Here is a copy:
This is an excellent application. I use it as a Remote Control with PowerDVD when watching movies on the PC.

The version 0.2-1 is much better, and I'm glad to see this project improving. I just have a suggestion for a next version. I know is can be kind of complicated but it would be helpful to have multiple profiles for the Media option, so I can configure one profile with the keys to control Winamp, and other to control PowerDVD, so I can change easily from one profile to the other without having to remap all the keys one by one.

Anyway, thanks for the app. Good Job

PS:Also, I guess all of you have seen the Media Keyboards that have special buttons on top of the F# keys, that open certain applications like Media Player, Mail, Browser, Calculator, My Pc or run functions like Vol+, Vol-, Shut Down or Hibernate. Is possible to emulate those buttons?

Originally Posted by matatron View Post

Anyway, thanks for the app. Good Job
Thanks
Originally Posted by matatron View Post
PS:Also, I guess all of you have seen the Media Keyboards that have special buttons on top of the F# keys, that open certain applications like Media Player, Mail, Browser, Calculator, My Pc or run functions like Vol+, Vol-, Shut Down or Hibernate. Is possible to emulate those buttons?
Yes its possible, but I have to extract those first from a BT keyboard (I think someone will help me ), because they aren't defined in the specs that I have.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
You can try the following setup:

1- Follow the 5 steps described by phutterman in the thread cited.
2- Start BlueMaemo in the "Open connection" mode, in the Mac Side go to the Bluetooth preferences and choose to connect to n8x0.
3 - When you reach the connection, go to the mouse profile, and see if it works, if not continue there until get a message asking for connect again, hit yes.
4 - If it doesn't work, tell me what happens in the steps 2 and 3.

Best regards.
Thank you for being patient and willing, I tried following the steps again. Beforehand, I deleted the BT device profiles on both the N800 and the MacBook Pro. I rebooted the laptop then prceeded with the 5 steps:

1. Turn bluetooth on on both devices. Set the N800 visible.
2. In the Mac Bluetooth menu, click "Set Up Bluetooth Device."
3. On the N800, start BlueMaemo and click open connection.
4. On the Mac, select "Any Device." Choose the N810 and enter a passkey. Then enter passkey on N800.
5. Click "Continue" on the Mac dialog box. Uncheck headset and leave remote device checked.

The BT set up box confirms device set up. I close the box. On the Mac side, it indicates that they are connected, however, BlueMaemo indicates it is waiting for a connection.

Under the N800 profile I never see anything that refers to mouse

So even though no connection appears to have been establiched, I close BlueMaemo, restart BlueMaemo, click open connection & try to connect through the Mac's BT prefs: scroll down to N800 and select connect (the only other choice is send file). Still...waiting for connection. There are no other menu items for the N800.

I also tried setting up as a mouse and then a keyboard, but the N800 is not recognized under those set up menus.

In the profile info, services indicated are: BlueZ HID mouse & keyboard, OBEX Object Push, Headset Audio Gateway also is listed, which surprises me since I unchecked that box during set up.

Last edited by mfortner; 2009-03-03 at 02:34.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Thanks for 0.2. How does the reconnect feature work? I can connect to my Ubuntu HTPC using "sudo hidd --connect [MAC address]" ok (it doesn't work if I don't use sudo), but the reconnect doesn't seem to do anything. Do I need to leave the PC in a particular state?

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid