Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hmm, it seems that youamp cant find the mp3 files i have sitting at the root of my sd card...

Please add support for the "oga" extension. It seems that the official extension for Ogg Vorbis audio is now oga (as opposed to ogv for video). SoundJuicer from Gnome, for one, keeps creating .oga files.

i downloaded youamp but it wont launch. is there another program i should install first?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
try running youamp-player in terminal and look for errors.

heh, doing that just to test, i noticed a message saying that one my files had a bad id3 header, making youamp ignore it.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ St Thomas, ON, Canada
Hello Pavel:

This is the errors I receive in version .5.4-6 on a N800 with 5.2008.43-7 firmware.

~ $ youamp-player
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/youamp-player", line 22, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/bin/youamp-player", line 16, in main
setup_db()
File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/library.py", line 207, in setup_db
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/os.py", line 171, in makedirs
OSError: [Errno 17] File exists: '/home/user'
~ $

Thanks in advance for your help
Al

should be fixed in 0.5.5-1

The Following User Says Thank You to MadMan2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ St Thomas, ON, Canada
Hello Pavel:

First thanks for the quick fix the program indeed runs now.

I select External in Preferences and it finds the Media --> Audio folder and plays the mp3's. But does not play the .m4a (aac) files in the folder.

I also have all my aac music in the External but under
Media --> Music --> Artist --> Album --> Songs.
YouAmp finds none of these.
Do I need to rearrange the folder structure or is aac not supported, I thought it was.

Thanks in advance
Al

thats because YouAmp currently only searches for "*.mp4" files, but not for "*.m4a" files, which are actually the same.
I have just added "m4a" and "oga" to the known extensions, so they will be found after the next release.
But I am still not sure how urgent this is - basically I would like to add some features before doing a new release...

The Following User Says Thank You to MadMan2k For This Useful Post:
I found the music folder path is not saved properly. It reverts to default (/media/mmc1/) every time I start the program. It annoys me a lot since I would prefer having YouAmp to read only from one of my folders.

Can it be fixed in the upcoming version?

I would also hoping to have the column sizes adjustable and the sizes saved to config file. I also would like to see the list can be sorted by clicking at a column. More columns to choose from (e.g. length of clip, artist + title combined option, track number, codec, bitrate)

Cosmetic changes would also be nice - having a larger album art, adding a playback timer, a longer progress bar (may need to rearrange the controls...)

Thanks for your great music player. Please keep on improving it!