Active Topics

Notices

I've just put together the first release of my Music Player for Maemo.
You can rad more about it/ download it at my website.
http://www.rojtberg.net/workspace/youamp/
or directly at maemo/downloads
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/youamp/

I would be happy if you could try it anyway and give some feedback.

Last edited by MadMan2k; 2008-09-29 at 13:17.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MadMan2k For This Useful Post:
Looks cool!
I don't have an IT to test, but it runs nicely on Ubuntu Hardy, not without some hack, though
Last.fm scrobbling support would be nice.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
Madman2k, just curious is it using mplayer as it's backend?

@cypherbios
maemoscrobbler is on the todo list, but I'll probably implement the browser or the preferences dialog first...

@linuxrebel:
it is using gstreamer

The Following User Says Thank You to MadMan2k For This Useful Post:
Madman: Per instructions on your website I downloaded and installed the following applications:

* Mutagen 1.13
* YouAmp 0.1.0

I then ran your application, which came up fine.

However, concerning your statement -- "Currently the startup time is a bit high and on first startup it will silently scan your SD cards for music files, which might take a while." -- after 30 minutes no mp3 music from my two mmc's has yet to appear. How long do I need to wait with nothing apparently happening before I come to the conclusion that your application is not yet working?

sorry. I forgot to say that it does not show up automatically - you have to do an empty search on the first run to get them. The other possibility is just to start it twice. The next version will get a popup informing about the status of the datbase update.

Originally Posted by MadMan2k View Post
sorry. I forgot to say that it does not show up automatically - you have to do an empty search on the first run to get them. The other possibility is just to start it twice. The next version will get a popup informing about the status of the datbase update.
When I started the application again, a listing of my mp3 titles did finally appear, but because the first dozen lines or so of the "directory" screen come up blank, this caused me to conclude that there had not been an effective scanning. I had to scroll down past this initial blank listing screen to find the start of the titles listing.

At this stage of your application, all one is left with is a basic listing of titles, with no way to search or otherwise access or organize different categories, i.e., albums, artists. The screen from which one works is clear and attractive enough, but so far using the N800 music player provides superior options.

the blank lines were caused by tracks without any metadata. I'll probably display the filename then. And there actually is a possibility to search the libary it is the text field above the scroll-pane. But you are right the browser is really lacking - its going to be the next thing to work on.

Originally Posted by MadMan2k View Post
the blank lines were caused by tracks without any metadata. I'll probably display the filename then. And there actually is a possibility to search the libary it is the text field above the scroll-pane. But you are right the browser is really lacking - its going to be the next thing to work on.
Great. Don't eventually let up in your effort, as some others before you seem to have done. Regards, Jim

I've just released a new version of YouAmp which features shuffling.
Screenshot

Download

theres still no browsing, but maemoscrobbler support is in works.