Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i dont recall if its been asked but is it possible to hijack youtube urls so that mytube gets it and takes care of the download?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
A related question is: Can mYTube take a YouTube URL as a parameter?

I think it would be good to have a text box in mYTube where you can paste these URLs, too.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I think it would be good to have a text box in mYTube where you can paste these URLs, too.
It has a "paste youtube url" menu option.

The Following User Says Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
I have been using this package for a while now and was really not missing some of the things it lacked. Then yesterday it stopped being faster than the default engine. Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas as to why it would be wicked fast for a while and then crap out after a week? I have considered reflashing, but i would rather not if i can avoid it.

Originally Posted by buhao View Post
Then yesterday it stopped being faster than the default engine. Has anyone else had this happen?.
Did you double check if you are really still using the Webkit engine? If the Webkit Engine is crashing, the browser is automatically switching back to the default engine
and you have to manually select the Webkit engine again in the Webkit settings tool.

Originally Posted by iskarion View Post
Did you double check if you are really still using the Webkit engine? If the Webkit Engine is crashing, the browser is automatically switching back to the default engine
and you have to manually select the Webkit engine again in the Webkit settings tool.
a "simple" closing of all browser windows will bring webkit back as default, in my experience.

but yes, if the page takes strangely long to load, then webkit have probably crashed and browserd is bringing microb into action instead.

iirc, was not browser crashing what browserd was supposed to counteract? maybe tell it to damn well bring webkit up if webkit is selected as the engine

I can't make it working. It just says Updating whatever engine I choose. Reboot does not help.

you sure browserd is running?

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
Originally Posted by vtolkov View Post
I can't make it working. It just says Updating whatever engine I choose. Reboot does not help.
same problem here. I uninstalled webkit and MicroB still doesnt work

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
I tried going back to MicroB today and I simply can't, webkit is just too much faster even with the minor annoyances. This browser update has me back to carrying the tablet around every day, great work indeed. Over bluetooth EDGE microB seemed painfully slow, the Webkit engine makes EDGE almost pleasurable to use.

Tags
browser, webkit