Notices

A better browser would allieviate alot of negativity toward Diablo's native browser I cant wait till Fennec goes to the beta stage!

Last edited by migs; 2008-12-10 at 23:21.

I think the thing is totally unusable. Regular gestures like tapping in a text box to get the onscreen keyboard to come up instead makes the web page zoom up to an unreadable size. It also causes my connection to drop probably because it is using so many resources.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ shanghai , China
i installed fennec today and it runs really fast than mirob . it's much better now and i would prefer to use fennec to explore websites .

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
"i installed fennec today and it runs really fast than mirob . it's much better now and i would prefer to use fennec to explore websites ."

Really ? It s take me 5 min to load ... and about the same time for loading a page.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ shanghai , China
I did see it's too slow for some certain websites . It looks it will load forever . When you try some websites like internet tablet talk , maemo.org , it will be loaded in 10 seconds at most .

Why do people hate microB so much? It's by far the best handheld browser I've seen. People try Fennec, which is measurable slower and still say microB is slower. How much selective perception must someone have to understand this?

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to derhorst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by derhorst View Post
Why do people hate microB so much? It's by far the best handheld browser I've seen. People try Fennec, which is measurable slower and still say microB is slower. How much selective perception must someone have to understand this?
Because what matters to you for a mobile browser doesn't matter to another person.

Because there are measured differences in the speed of Fennec of devices of the same type that might have different software installed.

Perception, that is, what people perceive to meet their expectations based on some preformed opinion, is selective, else we'd all look the same, act the same, and use the same devices in the same way.

MicroB is a good mobile browser for many people; but because of issues related to actual use, the opinions of it as a great browser (aka the personal analysis of the application based on a single user's experience) will differ. The reason this is so is because while the technology of the browser is great, the implementation did not follow use and perceptions by those louder users.

Technically, MicroB is the benchmark to all other Internet Tablet browsers. It should be the worst thing experienced considering what development its not seen in the public eye.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by derhorst View Post
Why do people hate microB so much? It's by far the best handheld browser I've seen.
Try the Android browser on the N810. Think about it, the only reason the tablets have "good browsing experience" is because they have a 800 * 480 screen. Now, add this to the super fast Android browser (or one of the WebKit browsers after they become better), and boom! If there was Flash, it would completely own Maemo in general (which is very sad).

MicroB and Fennec and just so much slower and lagging, its not even funny. I'll make a video to demonstrate the differences later, its that bad...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Try the Android browser on the N810. Think about it, the only reason the tablets have "good browsing experience" is because they have a 800 * 480 screen. Now, add this to the super fast Android browser (or one of the WebKit browsers after they become better), and boom! If there was Flash, it would completely own Maemo in general (which is very sad).
So, what your argument is that a browser that doesn't support Flash (read: isn't encumbered by it) being faster than one that does can be completely explained by the non-Flash browser being better? Explain to me how that argument doesn't fall flat on its face.

Alternatively, provide us with some concrete evidence (load time comparison with a stop watch with Flash disabled in MicroB might be a good place to start).

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Alternatively, provide us with some concrete evidence (load time comparison with a stop watch with Flash disabled in MicroB might be a good place to start).
Yeah, planning on doing that... After finals... so probably this weekend.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.