Active Topics

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
And I agree the wiki should be kept the same as the ITT one.
The wiki we should be using is here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
I thought those two were for different purposes? (the ITT one and the Maemo one). Presumably you mean to merge stuff over from ITT wiki to Category:Users? (BTW - the maemo wiki is a bit annoying with Firefox at least, because it keeps throwing up 'parts of this page is loaded over an insecure connection').

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I thought those two were for different purposes? (the ITT one and the Maemo one). Presumably you mean to merge stuff over from ITT wiki to Category:Users? (BTW - the maemo wiki is a bit annoying with Firefox at least, because it keeps throwing up 'parts of this page is loaded over an insecure connection').
No, the itT wiki is deprecated. The useful content there should be migrated and the wiki allowed to die.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
You know posts like this is why its hard to find usefil information on the itT forums since this topic has gone on and on about several other topics. I know Reggie doesn't have time to moderate every little post on this forum, but he needs a few people to split topics off if people are going to keep going on and on about stuff not on a topic. How can you ask someone to go search for something if you guys don't keep posts on topic.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
OK, I'll copy over my own little contribution to ITT wiki to wiki.maemo.org soonish (although I still would like someone to fix that problem with mixed http/https content on the same page(s).. I'm not sure why it's even https in the first place actually)

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
No, the itT wiki is deprecated. The useful content there should be migrated and the wiki allowed to die.
Not to be contrary, but...
  1. The iTT wiki has nothing noting the depreciation
  2. wiki.maemo.org is still terribly unstable

The Following User Says Thank You to brontide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
am I the only person who gets more
ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

from wiki.maemo.org then I do pages loaded?

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
am I the only person who gets more
ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

from wiki.maemo.org then I do pages loaded?
No, it's usually quick to recover, but it often goes out.

Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Not to be contrary, but...
  1. The iTT wiki has nothing noting the depreciation
  2. wiki.maemo.org is still terribly unstable
Feel free to put one up. . . .

Server upgrades are imminent.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
The wiki we should be using is here.
An incredible useful recommendation:

If I click "here" I get a security warning either on my PC or my N800. So far so good. Ok, now the page tells me there is an old wiki. Fine. But where to go for wiki lessons and answers ?
The layout of the page is -to be really nice- terrible. It reads "This page was last modified 08:26, 19 July 2008"

Next I click User documentation: (Security warning again) and I find 21 documentation pages. I rest my case.

Can we please keep the ITT Wiki ? The ITT wiki is useful for end-users: the Maemo Wiki is fine, but limited and aimed at a much more technical audience (or incrowd).

Just for the record: I appreciate the Maemo Community 's work very much. Without this work the N8X0 series can’t survive. And the products are Excellent ! I certainly do not want to complain about the Maemo Wiki Pages. I understand very well that if I want to use the Maemo pages I should invest more time and effort. If I can find this time I certainly will. But right now I am just a simple end-user.

Last but not Least. I did notice, General, that you are one of the most active contributors to the ITT and I do respect your contributions. Most of them are helpful, however sometimes very detailed and technical.

I would appreciate nonetheless that “Senior Experts” would limit themselves to their expertise. Answers like : “Go to Wiki”, or “Do a search”, or "This answer is wrong" don’t help the Maemo community or the ITT community. You can’t control end-users or Newbies!

May I suggest, General, you update Maemo Wiki first, or even better: harmonize both wiki’s, before you make such a reference ?

I can only hope that the ITT Wiki remains understandable for “dummies” like me ! It is now and I appreciate the content, even if it is not always up-to date (Neither is the Maemo Wiki)

It crossed my mind that the ITS should not be accessible for 'Senior Members'. Just joking of course, and I appreciate that most of the senior members do consider their audience !

Abel.

Recalling the subject of this thread:

Introducing Tablet Scene

(Senior member since August 11th 2008. Yeeeaaahhh !! My Device will be: Modest, Humble and Unpretentious! )

Last edited by AbelMN; 2008-08-11 at 21:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to AbelMN For This Useful Post:

Tags
newbies, tablet scene