Active Topics

Hi, I have N770 running OS2008HE with a 1GB MMC card. 1GB used to be the limit with OS2006. I read somewhere that OS2007HE increased this limit. What is max size that is recognized, supported with OS2008HE?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
2TB? Of course you'll need fanoush's SD/MMC kernel. However the max RSMMC you'll find is 2GB (maybe there are 4GB RSMMCs already though).

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by shikarishambu View Post
1GB used to be the limit with OS2006.
2GB with few (two?) newest/latest OS2006 versions.

Originally Posted by shikarishambu View Post
I read somewhere that OS2007HE increased this limit. What is max size that is recognized, supported with OS2008HE?
No. This is not directly related to OS200x version. Limitation is in kernel and all hacker editions use same kernel as last 2006 so all have limit of 2GB (or 4GB with non-standard cards).

However, you can try sdhc kernel http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#sdhc with any OS2006/7HE/8HE version. Best used with modified 8GB microSD card.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.