Active Topics

But that was a long time ago....

Wouldn't setting the browser always on top suffice?

Well, I suppose then the browser could always crash / be exited...

If I'm going to do this, I might as well do it right. The basics as pointed out in my first post would work, but as you said, there are problems that could arise. A fully stripped install would reduce the number of problems dramatically, and produce a much nicer product overall. Should I start a new post asking for paid help? Or is that frowned upon in these forums?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by senilebob View Post
. . . and produce a much nicer product overall.
A matter of perspective (but, admittedly, I'm not really the target market). Personally, a remote that also lets me ssh into my server, play solitaire and read ebooks is way more appealing than a remote that's just a remote.

Would it totally kill your market to also provide a software-only option that doesn't completely take over the device?

Originally Posted by senilebob View Post
Should I start a new post asking for paid help? Or is that frowned upon in these forums?
No, not frowned upon, but they've typically been rather unproductive in the past. The demographic here is largely regular users, who have no skills, or the hobby-hacker, who either don't have the skills you're after or are already 'employed' elsewhere (students, programmers, etc). The people-with-skills-that-are-unemployed crowd don't tend to make as much of an appearance.

There's no harm in trying, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post: