Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Wow! I started this thread just to give folks a heads up about a new upgrade. Thanks for stopping in and your helpful replies vasvlad.

Since you are responding here to feedback and future feature requests I thought I would make mine known if you don't mind.
I reference a Doppler radar image for real time weather information. Would it be possible to add a configurable HTTP/FTP link to your detail/settings pop up?
This is the very interesting feature request. Please submit it in omweather project page in garage.maemo.org https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?at...93&func=browse

Thanks
Vlad

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
This is the very interesting feature request. Please submit it in omweather project page in garage.maemo.org https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?at...93&func=browse

Thanks
Vlad
Done and done... rock on!

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Thank you for your time. We found this bug and it will be fixed in the version 0.20. It will released 2 April.
wonderful! that's great service indeed, thanks much.

Whilst I'm in favour, might I suggest an RFE, please?

I normally use Celsius, as that's the norm here now in the UK, but I miss the finer divisions given by Fahrenheit. Is there any chance of adding an option whereby Celsius can be shown with a decimal point?

e.g. 69F would be shown as 20.6C instead of 20C?

thanks much for considering it, and thanks again for the bug fix.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by cdmackay View Post
wonderful! that's great service indeed, thanks much.

Whilst I'm in favour, might I suggest an RFE, please?

I normally use Celsius, as that's the norm here now in the UK, but I miss the finer divisions given by Fahrenheit. Is there any chance of adding an option whereby Celsius can be shown with a decimal point?

e.g. 69F would be shown as 20.6C instead of 20C?

thanks much for considering it, and thanks again for the bug fix.
Dear Cdmackay!

Omweather takes weather forecast in Celsius (from weather.com) and converts it to Fahrenheit if it necessary.

Vlad.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
v0.20 update is now avail in the app. mgr.

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
thanks Vlad,

Omweather takes weather forecast in Celsius (from weather.com) and converts it to Fahrenheit if it necessary.
that's most interesting; when I visit (uncustomised) weather.com, it shows me temps in Fahrenheit, so I assumed that was how OMW did it, too.

thanks for the clarification...

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
I've just downgraded back to 0.19.6 because 0.20 never displayed current weather for me at any station. I thought it might be my lowly little town in NJ, but for days, it hasn't displayed at any station.

Now 0.19.6 is back and so is current weather.

?
DF

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by DistantFire View Post
I've just downgraded back to 0.19.6 because 0.20 never displayed current weather for me at any station. I thought it might be my lowly little town in NJ, but for days, it hasn't displayed at any station.

Now 0.19.6 is back and so is current weather.

?
DF
If you mean that the "combination" views "Now" icon doesn't display correctly then I also have had this with the new BETA update.

What I found was that the "Now:" data is correctly updated and displayed OK but I would get a ? mark for the large icon...

The problem was solved when I unchecked the "Show only current weather on first icon" box on the "Interface" tab of the settings dialog.

The "combination" layout's large icon now matches the "Now:" data.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Phoenix
Originally Posted by cdmackay View Post
thanks Vlad,

that's most interesting; when I visit (uncustomised) weather.com, it shows me temps in Fahrenheit, so I assumed that was how OMW did it, too.

thanks for the clarification...
Same thing has happened to me - current weather is always "N/A".

Edit: downgrading fixed it!

Last edited by Wes Doobner; 2008-04-05 at 21:50.

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post
Same thing has happened to me - current weather is always "N/A".

Edit: downgrading fixed it!
strange you few people see this. It works OK for me. I have Show current weather in first icon checked and it seems to work in both normal and combination views.