Active Topics

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart

Not sure if it fits the topic... I was focusing on the three bunches of leaves, the green and red growth in the center of the photograph, just off the trunk of the tree.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
^There are Three slits between electrical wires?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
My kids were practicing archery. Taken on 2019-04-18 with Jolla 1.

Name:  20190418_113314.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  70.8 KB

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
My kids were practicing archery. Taken on 2019-04-18 with Jolla 1.

Attachment 40467
But 2x 9 and 1x 8 is not 'three of a kind', or?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
What kind of bow they are shooting with? I made an english longbow with people who compete with traditional bows. I had find some good pieces of wood and wanted to contribute them to the right people and they in exchange taught me to make that bow and gave me a buinch of arrows too.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
What kind of bow they are shooting with?
I have no idea what it is called. Some kind of recurve, PVC with a wooden riser.
It was not theirs. We went to some outdoor activity centre and they provided their own equipment.
It looked very much like this: http://www.lancasterarchery.com/gala...curve-bow.html

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Not for the competition but so proud so want to share. I had a crappy cheap metaldetectorish which I used on saturday in Hattula, near Hämeenlinna in Finland. 6-8 hours walked the fields and picked up metal trash. At last found that smaller ball which I assume is from a musket gun. They have found a lot of those on a nearby field. Then on sunday I gave my detector to one young kid whose parents just divorced and who was very fond of the machine when I let him search with it. Today bought a proper metal detector (had used that cheap crappy one for two years). Searched and walked ten meters when got a signal and found that 5cm diameter and 376g weight iron ball. Tried to search information and closest comes a ball they used to stuck 5-6 pieces in a clothesbag and shoot it with a cannon. That would date it to around 1600-1700. Still have to try to find more info before saying for sure. But Garret Ace 300i seems a very good detector and I'm glad I finally decided to put money on a proper detector.

Edit: Darn. My wife says the ball is a trailer knob ffrom an old Datsun, one friend that it is a dinosaur poo, and one friend gave the best possible explanation: hight knob they drill to rocky hills abnd paint red. Really have to find out somehow.
Attached Images

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-04-23 at 03:35.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Not for the competition but so proud so want to share. I had a crappy cheap metaldetectorish which I used on saturday in Hattula, near Hämeenlinna in Finland. 6-8 hours walked the fields and picked up metal trash. At last found that smaller ball which I assume is from a musket gun. They have found a lot of those on a nearby field. Then on sunday I gave my detector to one young kid whose parents just divorced and who was very fond of the machine when I let him search with it. Today bought a proper metal detector (had used that cheap crappy one for two years). Searched and walked ten meters when got a signal and found that 5cm diameter and 376g weight iron ball.
Best thing I ever found with cheap Radio Shack (RIP) metal detector was half of a rusty old roller skate buried in my parents' back yard.

And contest entry coming soon(TM).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
I bet it was not a dinosaur. It was a dragon. Who ate a knight. In full armour. The only way to poop iron balls.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Yesterday visited a museum office and an archeologist confirmed it to be a cannon ball from 1600-1700 era. Kartessi cannon. They really wanted to know where I found it cause it to be found in Espoo on an area not typically thought to be a battle field was interesting. Went again yesterday evening and found another one two meters from the first. Made a found report on the museum website and now waiting if they contact in anyway. But I didn't need to give it away and didn't deny of further digging. Gonna probably go today again.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition