Active Topics

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
Yes, and don't forget, on the AZERTY layout, the enter key has a different form than on the other layouts and there is one additional key. Only moving keys is not enough

Of course, this is only joking, if there is only qwerty, I'll still be happy, until I can exchange physical keys and remap the keyboard by myself :>
We may have different layouts, but I don't think they will inherit the ANSI and ISO standards , since the Qwerty layout in the picture is already freely adapted to better suit the form factor and thumb typing. This is ideal, because ISO and ANSI differences are constraints more than advantages in the end.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
The picture of the keyboard makes me think is there enough space between the body of the phone and the upper key row? Should be enough space so that it is easy to press the keys.
That depends... If your thumbs are not "Hulk-sized", then there is no problem...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Funny,
how a healthy portion of keyboard worshipping can silence screen size discussion

For the size of this device my priority would be ease of typing. I see some outer spacing to hold it and not press buttons, 5 rows, multiple control keys, promising button size overall and dedicated arrows. nice.
All this demands a minimum size of the device/kbd which is greater than 4.5" imo.
But it would be reassuring to hear from one of the chosen few who used MotoMod Kbd about the actual typing comfort!
They state, "From the very beginning, we had one goal: to create the best hardware QWERTY keyboard on a smartphone in terms of usability, quality, and visual appeal."
This is the goal they have set themselves and the scale with which we should measure the device.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Funny,
how a healthy portion of keyboard worshipping can silence screen size discussion

For the size of this device my priority would be ease of typing. I see some outer spacing to hold it and not press buttons, 5 rows, multiple control keys, promising button size overall and dedicated arrows. nice.
All this demands a minimum size of the device/kbd which is greater than 4.5" imo.
But it would be reassuring to hear from one of the chosen few who used MotoMod Kbd about the actual typing comfort!
They state, "From the very beginning, we had one goal: to create the best hardware QWERTY keyboard on a smartphone in terms of usability, quality, and visual appeal."
This is the goal they have set themselves and the scale with which we should measure the device.
The discussion about the existence of this device was also silent.
How is he planning to fund it?
He don’t need to tell us but that would be an obvious question for everyone who is seriously curious about the situation/device.
It’s such a small batch(me assuming).
Is this project doable?

Or are we passed these questions ?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-12-27 at 11:53.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
yes, we did. Multiple times.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
yes, we did. Multiple times.
And what was the conclution?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
That it is not a crowdfunded project, so nobody can complain if it doesn't succeed. From a monetary standpoint at least. That its funding is not our concern, our concern is to ensure its an awesome device by contributing ideas and to ensure its success in case by spreading the word.

If it is not made we have a lot of material and ideas for a future device and we can thank Chen for spreading a positive spirit and for trying.

If it is made we have a N900 successor with modern hardware in our hands and a long guarded dream comes true

Discussing the funding has no benefit for us.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Macros View Post
That it is not a crowdfunded project, so nobody can complain if it doesn't succeed. From a monetary standpoint at least. That its funding is not our concern, our concern is to ensure its an awesome device by contributing ideas and to ensure its success in case by spreading the word.

If it is not made we have a lot of material and ideas for a future device and we can thank Chen for spreading a positive spirit and for trying.

If it is made we have a N900 successor with modern hardware in our hands and a long guarded dream comes true

Discussing the funding has no benefit for us.
No, yes, ok. but it gives a base for realistic expectations and discussions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
no, no really. Knowing where the money comes from won't make this a better product.
Expecting fully working sailfish is optimistic since jolla can't do it the right way on a year old device almost a year after announcement.
But if this one can run AOSP with all the HW parts working then this is it. For now. I don't expect anything more.
Specs are pretty much confirmed, keyboard is here, 3.5mm jack is here, notch isn't......

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
no, no really. Knowing where the money comes from won't make this a better product.
Expecting fully working sailfish is optimistic since jolla can't do it the right way on a year old device almost a year after announcement.
But if this one can run AOSP with all the HW parts working then this is it. For now. I don't expect anything more.
Specs are pretty much confirmed, keyboard is here, 3.5mm jack is here, notch isn't......
Ok. You expect a lot. I thought it was pretty expensive to build devices from scetches to complete fully working device. Maybe it’s very cheap in Asia

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit