Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So Jolla managed to send 77 tablets? Where is the rest? I thought Jolla wanted closure not drag it around for another year or two.

Where is the rest. Speed up tablet shipment and refund please.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by att View Post
I suspect it is due the campaign already being closed. In other words Indiegogo handles possible refunds until money is transferred to campaign owner at the closure of the campaign.
I used paypal and it was paid directly to sales.hk@jolla .com, so I imagine their account has a huge list of people that paid via paypal.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I am pretty sure the 77 tablets went to these first contributor that have been waiting having already paid the VAT.
Nope. I'm within the first 77 and haven't received any confirmation about regarding delivery, nor has the status of my order changed to "picking".

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
I used paypal and it was paid directly to sales.hk@jolla .com, so I imagine their account has a huge list of people that paid via paypal.
I also paid via paypal for the Indiegogo campaign. In the receipt it just says Jolla Asia Ltd and there is also personal email address ending with @jolla.com. But according to Carsten Munk at here Jolla got the money as one large sum from Indiegogo instead as multiple separate payments.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Elpo View Post
Nope. I'm within the first 77 and haven't received any confirmation about regarding delivery, nor has the status of my order changed to "picking".
You might be 78?

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
meeeh, final summary of my late yoybuy try:

also the other 1298yuan seller does not deliver for that amount anymore. He declined the order from yoybuy and asked for ~80$ more...
In total wanting even more than 1888yuan.
Nice business practices over there i must say.
Both seller still list the tablet for 1298 at taobao
In the EU, admonishment spitting advocates would be all around.

Lets see how the prices develop once the last official ones are delivered. Taobao sellers seem to expect quite a run from desperate "westerners".

Originally Posted by att View Post
I also paid via paypal for the Indiegogo campaign. In the receipt it just says Jolla Asia Ltd and there is also personal email address ending with @jolla.com. But according to Carsten Munk at here Jolla got the money as one large sum from Indiegogo instead as multiple separate payments.
Looks like IGG treats pledges from Paypal differently to CC based pledges. Which may mean different things for how refunds get processed.

Originally Posted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiegogo
Unlike similar sites such as Kickstarter, Indiegogo disburses the funds immediately, when the contributions are collected through the user's PayPal accounts. Indiegogo also offers direct credit card payment acceptance through their own portal. Those funds are disbursed up to two weeks after the conclusion of a campaign.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post

also the other 1298yuan seller does not deliver for that amount anymore. He declined the order from yoybuy and asked for ~80$ more...

Lets see how the prices develop once the last official ones are delivered. Taobao sellers seem to expect quite a run from desperate "westerners".
Told you. It's a scam!

Jolla starts the scam an now the snowball keeps rollin...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Told you. It's a scam!

Jolla starts the scam an now the snowball keeps rollin...
You've found your one note that you're sticking to regardless... guess you've found purpose behind that word and think it's applicable here. It's not. Failure is the operative word here...

Failure to communicate clearly. Failure to deliver devices en masse to backers. Failure to explain all of the obstacles and hurdles due to systems not really being built, nor plans made in case of failure to deliver. Worse of all... failure to cap such nonsense but allowing it to continue when more precise words exist to explain what's going on.

I've no clue how else to state this; perhaps my last time addressing it - I can't repeat myself ad nauseum without losing some civil decorum.

Folks are receiving their tablets through some rather odd methods, but they're getting them. Often with Sailfish OS still installed. Their input has been coming in more and more recently and it's actually pretty cool to see that all are saying one continued thought - shame that all didn't get one.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post

Did your order ever have the status of "bought" on Yoybuy?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund