Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Notice the quotes. They're there for a reason.

There's a solution in my post. Argue with somebody else. I said exactly what was needed to be said by me.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Argue with somebody else.
This isn't an argument. This is futile. I came here for a good argument.

P.S. Just trying to brighten up the thread by introducing a bit of light hearted humour. I hope you are not offended by it. It never even occurred to me I was arguing. I was only trying to continue the on-topic discussion by throwing my side of the coin.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I did now. Comical. Hard to believe it's not on purpose
Hm, I opened with WebPirate and it's displayed OK. I had no idea stock browser have problems :/

The Following User Says Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
You are missing Windows NT and Windows 2000 (which were both AFAIK quite decent) and Windows ME (which was so abysmal that it spawned the os-tan phenomenon).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
This isn't an argument. This is futile. I came here for a good argument.

P.S. Just trying to brighten up the thread by introducing a bit of light hearted humour. I hope you are not offended by it. It never even occurred to me I was arguing. I was only trying to continue the on-topic discussion by throwing my side of the coin.
I was not offended. My tone was curt to avoid a confrontation about something as trivial as solitaire. I find the privacy issues more concerning but that's a whole different subject.

The fact that so many different options exist yet people harp on something as such without exploring or pointing out the possible solutions creates a very pointed conversation that tends to disallow for broader spectrum discussions.

Simply stated; there's a ton of ways to avoid ads in Microsoft Solitaire.

Using words like "outrage" might have been a problem on my part, so for that I'll gladly apologize since that's quite a polarizing word. But in regards to my sentiments; see above.

And I don't think anybody would want to argue about Microsoft Solitaire.

Win10 is a mess for power users, corporations will love it. Me? I just use whatever tool is nearby and use it well.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
You are missing Windows NT and Windows 2000 (which were both AFAIK quite decent) and Windows ME (which was so abysmal that it spawned the os-tan phenomenon).
Hmm - the graphic does in fact seem to include Windows 2000, but as a failure, when in fact, as you say, it was really pretty good.

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Hmm - the graphic does in fact seem to include Windows 2000, but as a failure, when in fact, as you say, it was really pretty good.
As far as I am concerned, W2k was a failure. Preceeded by W98, succeeded by XP, both of which had a built-in internationalization support (αινσďťňľ). W2k, not so much.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
There's a ton of settings that report out. Not all in one place. I'm still discovering some.
Pls, keep us informed when you discover those cases of Win10 "reports out" that come with obscure registry settings only or no opt out settings at all , now, next week or next year

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Story time.

Over the last 2 day, my work place has had 2 Windows7 Enterprise machines update to Windows 10 (freemium). Now whilst the users may have questionable views when it comes to bypassing the company proxy (they are system admins, for a multimillion dollar company), it is surprising that windows10 does not appear to check the OS licensing before prompting to instal itself over legitimately purchased business installs.

Edit: It should also be noted that these win7 pcs were built over a year ago.

And incase you are wondering, bollockings were given to those in question.

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2015-08-05 at 17:22.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:

Tags
aaand it's gone, ka-blammo!, readtheninstall, windows 10