Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
This thing is available from week 51. Some wild speculation will probably ensue...
do you get the phone with it or what

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I'm willing to pay $75 for a Sailfish image that I can simply download and install onto my HTC One. Make a license deal with CyanogenMod or something. CM maintains a lot of support for various phones already.

If they don't do that it's going to get hacked onto so many Android phones anyways and CyanogenMod will get pressured more and more by the public to put Sailfish features on their ROM.

So CM buys license for compatibility layer and license for Sailfish OS and CM gets downloads profit.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Yep, sadly it was always going to be well into 2014 before those outside Finland & northern/central EU can get their hands on one, I'll have several new devices before then.
I hate you

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
I'm willing to pay $75 for a Sailfish image that I can simply download and install onto my HTC One. Make a license deal with CyanogenMod or something. CM maintains a lot of support for various phones already.

If they don't do that it's going to get hacked onto so many Android phones anyways and CyanogenMod will get pressured more and more by the public to put Sailfish features on their ROM.

So CM buys license for compatibility layer and license for Sailfish OS and CM gets downloads profit.
Something "roughly" like that may be 1 feasible tack (in a multi-pronged strategy), why not think about it more carefully, re-word it, & then put it directly to them.

Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
I hate you
My Nokia (I refuse to use "Lumia") 1020 arrived yesterday...

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-11-06 at 04:42.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
That is great jalyst. More os ecperianced users gives smarter discussion . You dont have to use it all year long. Only test it and understand it.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Chennai, India
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Really? Which executive does he think it was?
Sorry mate, no clue.. My friend was staying in same hotel, saw this Jolla exec during breakfast. He was having a laptop with Jolla sticker on it.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Jolla has opened their store (https://harbour.jolla.com/ ) for developers:

http://mobiili.fi/2013/11/06/jolla-a...a-sovelluksia/

(Above article in Finnish)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JiiHoo For This Useful Post:
Information in English: https://lists.sailfishos.org/piperma...er/000989.html via @jukkaenlund @ Twitter

Harbour doesn´t seem open for me, too much traffic?

Edit:
"Jolla ‏@JollaHQ 23 min

@poisonedslo @jukkaeklund Looks like the demand got our servers again, fixing.."

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tujutzki For This Useful Post:
Has anybody got in to harbour.jolla.com yet? Been trying for couple of hours now.

EDIT: Nvm, it's back.

Last edited by tissot; 2013-11-06 at 13:12.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Has anybody got in to harbour.jolla.com yet? Been trying for couple of hours now.
No. I get a 'HTTP 502 Bad Gateway' error. And their email gateway bounces emails to the site administrator because it cannot relay the email ...

This may not be showing Jolla in the best light ...

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red