Active Topics

Hi!

I have several internet channels bookmarked in the standard media player (OS2008 N800).

Now I would like to organise them and rename them so they are listed in a better order in the internet radio applet and media player library.

However I can't find a way of renaming them. The only opportunity to name a radio station is when you bookmark it in the clip menu. Therefore I have to delete and then re-bookmark the station in order to rename it.

Is there an easier way to rename my channels?

In the upper left hand corner of the app is a Thin black bar and some smaller black bars underneath it. It's a "menu" icon Channel>Rename. I didn't notice that icon either until someone pointed it out to me a few days afterward.

I'm also a computer science major, how bad is that?

thanks for the tip brownie! i'll check it out.

well i found the menu, i knew about that, but there is no channel->rename menu at all! please elaborate..

Originally Posted by konaboy32 View Post
well i found the menu, i knew about that, but there is no channel->rename menu at all! please elaborate..
I'd like to know, too. I've managed to be able to rename the station... as long as the original station name isn't deleted from the list.

Did it this way:

I tried this with Radio Nova (because I wanted it to essentially be the default station whenever the applet is activated).

I started the radio stream -> opened Media Player -> Favorite Radio Channels -> went to 2nd tab (Now Playing) -> up to Now Playing menu -> Clip -> Add media bookmark... -> fill in the Name as I wanted (i.e. [blank]Radio Nova (Paris) to get it to the top of the list) ->stopped radio stream -> closed Media Player -> watched as ' Radio Nova (Paris) shows up as default station.

YEAH!

Except... I went back to delete the original 'Radio Nova (Paris)', it remained and my lovely ' Radio Nova (Paris)' disappeared from the Favorites.

How very perplexing... .