Active Topics

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
The pre-Elop era was filled with huge incompetence.
The pre-Elop era had Nokia @ the #1 spot globally for decades.

until he arrived at the company

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I don't think you can pinpoint the issue to just a management and structural issues. This is way more advanced than that. Much more issues are in affect here. Even luck is a factor. You need to do a serious analyze with tons of talk with people inside and outside of nokia to be able to create a statement like that with any certenty.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, Greece.
Originally Posted by michaelmhk View Post
Swipe UI is great not just swipe gesture IMHO. Just like the article said 'it brought back some of the basic principles of the original Harmattan UI, which were ignored in the Simple Dali UI.'
Actually, I think what most people find great about the N9 is the gestures and how they create a gestured based and not a button based interface. No doubt the rest of the UI is simple and elegant, but, it's nothing groundbreaking.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hong Kong
If I Recall Correctly, there has internal struggles between even symbian teams also. Each Symbian device supported by a specific team. In addition to nokia own proprietary api, most symbian device have poorly api compatibility. e.g. query wrong screen resolution etc.

If I Recall Correctly, there has internal struggles between even symbian teams also. Each Symbian device supported by a specific team. In addition to nokia own proprietary api, most symbian device have poorly api compatibility. e.g. query wrong screen resolution etc.
Struggles?????
They were ready to start shooting each other

Originally Posted by SynergyX View Post
Actually, I think what most people find great about the N9 is the gestures and how they create a gestured based and not a button based interface. No doubt the rest of the UI is simple and elegant, but, it's nothing groundbreaking.
I think the informative integrated event home screen, dedicated multitasking home screen are the greatest part of N9 ui. Just my two cent

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaelmhk For This Useful Post:
I think the informative integrated event home screen, dedicated multitasking home screen are the greatest part of N9 ui. Just my two cent
And I agree, not to mention the integration of services (Skype from the dialer and FB chat from the messaging app, even though Maemo had that too), but, ask most people about the N9 and they'll tell you about swiping. It's just that impressive.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SynergyX For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SynergyX View Post
Struggles?????
They were ready to start shooting each other
Just like the picture entitled microsoft
Attached Images

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to michaelmhk For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
The pre-Elop era had Nokia @ the #1 spot globally for decades.

until he arrived at the company
You didnt seem to understand the article. NOKIA was going to be number 100. pre-Elop guys new it and jumped ship. Elop is the fall guy if thinks fail, he is a hero if they succeed. Blame pre-Elop Nokia, not Elop. Its like saying that Obama caused economic collapse in America.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
You didnt seem to understand the article. NOKIA was going to be number 100. pre-Elop guys new it and jumped ship. Elop is the fall guy if thinks fail, he is a hero if they succeed. Blame pre-Elop Nokia, not Elop. Its like saying that Obama caused economic collapse in America.
Once again:

untill fall 2011 , Nokia was at #1