Notices

Closed Thread
First of all, tnQ 4 ur app.
I can not spk English as well, Sorry.

1. I want, when i open the app, it ask me 2 connect 2 internet.
2. Add "Check for update"

like this

or this

3. When i chat with my friends 4 example Ahmad, and close his window's chat, when hi answers, the window opens automaticly. I want it show notification, and go 2 background. (Iike msg in conversation)

4. In most cases, notification are not displayed well, like joining in groups or left. when 2 or more occurs.

5. When I quit the app, and i open it again, the app do registration again. I want only when i changed the SIM app do registration.

6. When I quit the app, and i open it again, the app rest my status, i dont like this.

7. I want the app can save my status when I quit and I can edit them.

tnQ Scorpius

OR

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Copy is not easy in Yappari's case, that's why I have delayed it. It's complicated due to smileys, and the copy signal has to be intercepted to parse that.

You can paste from other applications though pressing Ctrl-V

I'm not sure you'll like it since there's no option to start Yappari minimized.

Anyway create the file /etc/event.d/yappari with the following lines:
Code:
description "Starts Yappari"

start on started hildon-desktop
stop on starting shutdown

exec su - user /usr/bin/run-standalone.sh /usr/bin/Yappari
And every time your phone boots you'll see the big Yappari window in front of you and you have to close it to see your desktop.
You can minimize all windows with

Code:
wmctrl -k on
You'll need wmctrl installed for that to work of course

Scorpius, you're probably one of the most appreciated members of the community because of Yappari :P
And I would like to thank you very much for making this awesome program!

The reason I replied (which I rarely do) is because I have three questions.
1. You mentioned a 'block' because Whatsapp will change it's protocol soon. How do you know this? I only know it's been in the news that the protocol is very safe, but none of the news articles I've read mentioned an update.
2. This is more of an suggestion, but here goes. I'm currently in two groupchats. And even though that is a lot of fun at times, it's a pain in the *** when I'm also talking to someone in private. My phone just keeps on vibrating at times because of the groupchats and I have no way of telling whether a certain vibrate came from a groupchat or that one person. It would be awesome if I could turn off the notifications (or at least the blue light and the vibration) of an individual conversation
In other words, would you think about implementing the custom notifications soon? If it's not too much work, of course.
3. Have you thought about releasing the source code yet? I don't know what the new protocol looks like, but if it's safer than the old one you may want to reconsider releasing the code. Or even to accept help from others who would like to join in. I may remember this wrong, but I think I saw multiple offerings of help in this thread. Even though I may have no experience in coding for the N900, I will definitely browse through the source code to see whether I am able to help.
I'm a bit reluctant to say this, but should something happen to you (which we all hope not, of course) your project can and will still be used if you've released the source.

You're doing an awesome job, keep up the good work! I'm really looking forward to the next release and I'm actually considering donating to a developer for the first time in my life.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarige For This Useful Post:
hallo thanks for the update scorpius
i installed the 0.0.22 version. I seem to send empty messages during a conversation. for example if i hold the enter button too long ( one seconds for example) then there are 10 empty messages -.- what can i do please i need help

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jhonny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
for example if i hold the enter button too long ( one seconds for example) then there are 10 empty messages -.- what can i do please i need help
Don't hold it. Why do you do that? Enter button sends a message and auto-repeat is a common function of keyboards in all operating systems. Maybe auto-repeat could be unabled, I don't know.

thanks for your help but in the old version 0,0,20 i had not this problem

sometimens there are too many empty messages if i hold it a little to long its not soo good i hate that i will not reinstall the older version please help me

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
1. I want, when i open the app, it ask me 2 connect 2 internet.
That will never happen. Yappari is silent. It will only connect when you're connected. It will never force a connection. That's the idea of the whole software. It's like pidgin. The idea is to never close Yappari and let it run forever in your N900.

2. Add "Check for update"
Also, that won't ever happen. When Yappari reaches stable state (version 1.0.0) hopefully it'll be in the repositories and you can update it from there.

3. When i chat with my friends 4 example Ahmad, and close his window's chat, when hi answers, the window opens automaticly. I want it show notification, and go 2 background. (Iike msg in conversation)
Conversations open the window automatically for me. Maybe I didn't understand this request.

4. In most cases, notification are not displayed well, like joining in groups or left. when 2 or more occurs.
Yeah... Too bad Maemo doesn't have a nice notification system like Android. I'd have to think a solution about that bug.

5. When I quit the app, and i open it again, the app do registration again. I want only when i changed the SIM app do registration.
That's because you run Yappari from root the first time and now the configuration file has the wrong permissions. Change the permissions for the whole directories /home/user/.config/scorpius and /home/user/.yappari (using a command like chown -R user:users /home/user/.yappari /home/user/.config).

But that obviously doesn't happen to the rest of us.

6. When I quit the app, and i open it again, the app rest my status, i dont like this.
It doesn't, but since it couldn't save the previous status due to your bug #5 (wrong file permissions) you think it's always the default one.

7. I want the app can save my status when I quit and I can edit them.
Maybe one day.

You obviously didn't read the first post. Right now there's a ToDo list that I follow more or less strictly, with the most important features for everybody. I mean I'm pretty sure people will prefer sending pictures that customizing status. After all that is done is when I could take individual requests.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-10-01 at 14:57.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jarige View Post
1. You mentioned a 'block' because Whatsapp will change it's protocol soon. How do you know this? I only know it's been in the news that the protocol is very safe, but none of the news articles I've read mentioned an update.
A few weeks ago WhatsApp blocked Yappari and other third-party clients. We could fixed it quickly at the time (in 24 hours) but we noticed that the current protocol the third-party applications like Yappari have implemented is no longer used in the new WhatsApp official clients. When we analyzed them we noticed the new protocol has a different authentication mechanism, and it's totally encrypted. One of the biggest problem of WhatsApp was that it wasn't encrypted and the messages were sent and received in plain text. WhatsApp Inc. fixed this using RC4 encryption. They had to.

2. This is more of an suggestion, but here goes. I'm currently in two groupchats. And even though that is a lot of fun at times, it's a pain in the *** when I'm also talking to someone in private. My phone just keeps on vibrating at times because of the groupchats and I have no way of telling whether a certain vibrate came from a groupchat or that one person. It would be awesome if I could turn off the notifications (or at least the blue light and the vibration) of an individual conversation
In other words, would you think about implementing the custom notifications soon? If it's not too much work, of course.
It's in the ToDo list.

3. Have you thought about releasing the source code yet? I don't know what the new protocol looks like, but if it's safer than the old one you may want to reconsider releasing the code. Or even to accept help from others who would like to join in. I may remember this wrong, but I think I saw multiple offerings of help in this thread. Even though I may have no experience in coding for the N900, I will definitely browse through the source code to see whether I am able to help.
I'm a bit reluctant to say this, but should something happen to you (which we all hope not, of course) your project can and will still be used if you've released the source.
Not right now, but I think I will eventually release it when I upload Yappari to the repositories.

One problem is that if the source is open, WhatsApp Inc. can monitor you closely (like they do with Wazapp and block everything they do) and then start the cat & mouse race of WhatsApp Inc. blocking and we trying to fix it.

The second problem is of course a lawsuit. WhatsApp Inc. couldn't care less about Yappari right now it just have 2000 users max, but if I release the source, anyone can make a client, even a better client for Android or iOS, and if that happens they would also sue me.

Anyway I'm glad you're enjoying the app

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-10-01 at 14:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
hallo thanks for the update scorpius
i installed the 0.0.22 version. I seem to send empty messages during a conversation. for example if i hold the enter button too long ( one seconds for example) then there are 10 empty messages -.- what can i do please i need help
This is a bug I can't understand yet. Some people can send empty messages if they press the Send button without typing anything. I just CAN'T. If I press the Send button it does nothing since the field is empty and Yappari check for that, but somehow some people have newlines in the field and they press the Send button and send them all the time.

I wonder if they have an application that's making that bug or something because a stock Maemo with Yappari installed definitely doesn't do that. I use CSSU Testing and it doesn't happen to me. I'm still trying to understand what is causing that for some people, but it's hard if I can't reproduce it.

Are you people using third-party software to insert characters in fields maybe in japanese or chinese? I definitely ran out of ideas of what could that be.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp