Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
clean flash to PR 1.3 or OTA update? Any special settings?

Weird how it works for some but doesn't for others =/
Updated version to PR 1.3, tested it again and all working fine

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
^ when you call from PC, aren't you getting a message like "I've invited you to a hangout" or something?

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

For those of us trying to make calls, the hangouts do not work, but you can still make "regular" video chat calls. Just start a chat and use the drop down box on the top right to start a video chat. That still works, it's just more hidden...

As an update to this issue, I eventually went ahead and wiped my phone and re-installed PR1.3 (generic version NDT). I then installed Gtalk (nothing else installed on the phone, no accounts configured - except nokia account to download from the store - I also tried with nokia account not configured and install using terminal), but still no luck. I used 2 different gmail accounts (one generic that I created in addition to mine) and it does not work for either. I also tried various ways of configuring the account on the phone (user name alone vs. user name @gmail.com). That did not help...

In short, it is definitely not working on my phone, and I cannot figure out why. I really wonder if that has something to do with Google's servers. I am in the US, maybe there is something in my gmail account that is different. Where are you based - when it works and does not work?

The Following User Says Thank You to GringoT For This Useful Post:
I have the same problem as described by others. I am in the US (Texas). I am attempting a call between my laptop and N9. The laptop is running google chrome. The N9 is running 1.3.

When initiating video call from the computer, it sends a message to the N9 with a hyperlink, but if you click it, then you get a device not supported message. Fail.

Initiating a voicecall from the computer works, but there is no way to convert the call to a voicechat from either the n9 or the computer. Video chat = fail.

Initiating the video chat from the N9 immediately causes the computer to produce an error message: “Sorry, this video chat with ... Failed because of a problem with our servers at . . . ” Fail.

For those who claim that their chat works, please state your precise protocol, because it doesn't make sense to me that chrome is accepting some N9s and not others.

I use the standard UA.

This is the LAST unsupported device I will EVER purchase.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
im not try it from pc to my n9, i try it from n9 to n9 and still works atm

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
yeah, it still works from PC to N9 and from N9 to N9. Just tested it.

for PC to N9.. Like GringoT mentioned.. If you click the usual video chat icon, it'll send a link for google hangout and that doesn't work. But if you wanna initiate a video call like earlier.. In the chat window on PC, there's a drop down next to the call icons called "more". Click that, then select "Start video chat". This is the way it still works on N9.

works so far.. Till Google completely implements the hangout ****.. So start video calling!

(N9 to PC video call doesn't work. Keeps diaconnecting.)

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Tallinn
N9 to PC video talk does not work for me too. Lack of support scks!!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by NDarius View Post
N9 to PC video talk does not work for me too. Lack of support scks!!
Harrass Nokia Store Support for it then...

google changed its video chat, there is "hangout" now and "video chat"

pr 1.3 works with an ics amaze i have.

for pc to n9 you have to click "more" instead of the camera. camera icon starts a hangout. more--->videochat starts a video chat.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Thats complicated ,

Tags
gtalk, video call