Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
At least we now know a killall sysuid breaks it...After this point Sergey needs to help as I'm not too good at it

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I too had a problem with the unread count. I didn't want to delete and re-create my accounts. I went into the database and corrected (deleted) the offending entries in tables 'mailmessages' and 'mailmessageidentifiers'
Code:
/home/user/.qmf/database/qmailstore.db

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Well, first of all, can someone tell what server is causing this issue? Yahoo? Currently I'm using few email accounts (1 POP, at least 2 IMAP and 2 MfE) and I never had this issue (I'm using it longer then you guys, so believe me ), but I do not use Yahoo.
It looks like a problem in the backend (UI only shows something, that stored in the QMF DB).

So, can someone describe the problem step by step? In addition it would be nice to get a messageserver logs and QMF DB, but I think I'm asking too much :-D

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hardwater View Post
Many thanks for this, Sergey!

I am not sure where to find the "as-daemon" setting but using the source I deployed the build to my N9 and found a setting called "Force EAS protocol version" in the Easy tweak mode.

When I turned it on, a text box was displayed. I entered "2.5" and pressed "Save Setting".

That was it.

My Hotmail emails are now syncing.

Edit: I've attached the build, but as Sergey has warned, you may use it with caution..
This is really cool, works like a charm. Just a note, putting version 14 does not work and shows an error.

Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
I too had a problem with the unread count. I didn't want to delete and re-create my accounts. I went into the database and corrected (deleted) the offending entries in tables 'mailmessages' and 'mailmessageidentifiers'
Code:
/home/user/.qmf/database/qmailstore.db
How did you edit the database, I mean what tool you use?

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I've always used Gmail MfE for contacts & global address list (I use Caldav acct for calendar, & Google acct for IMAP email & gtalk) and never had an issue.
Try a combo like that and see how reliable it is for you, I see no significant disadvantage overall, works very well IME.
Thanks for the tip - I will have to give this a shot. The problem is even if I use MfE for contacts & addresses, I keep getting an error message saying the server is unavailable. I usually have to reboot, and that fixed the problem about 50% of the time. Any thoughts? Not sure if this is a Nokia, Google, or service provider problem.

Last edited by moose46; 2012-08-07 at 12:59.

Originally Posted by moose46 View Post
Thanks for the tip - I will have to give this a shot. The problem is even if I use MfE for contacts & addresses, I keep getting an error message saying the server is unavailable. I usually have to reboot, and that fixed the problem about 50% of the time. Any thoughts? Not sure if this is a Nokia, Google, or service provider problem.
been using Gmail MfE ever since I got my N9..never encounter such issue as yours...there is no problem with yours ettings, right?

Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
been using Gmail MfE ever since I got my N9..never encounter such issue as yours...there is no problem with yours ettings, right?
I dont believe so:
Server address: m.google.com
Port: 443

Thats all I have. Am I missing something?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by moose46 View Post
I dont believe so:
Server address: m.google.com
Port: 443

Thats all I have. Am I missing something?
Well no you are not missing anything...I can confirm that gmail on MfE is a hit and miss affair knowing a few people who converted to it due to the Hotmail fiasco....

Its not necessary it won't give you an issue its just that sometimes you are not affected yet

Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
How did you edit the database, I mean what tool you use?
They are sqlite databases, the cli tool is, I believe, in rzr's repo

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950