Posts: 17 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Kristinehamn, Sweden
Originally Posted by wook_sf View Post
as far as i know, i think that all players listen for scancodes of multimedia buttons, that way they should work with keypad on headphones...but, issue is to read what track is playing and progress of it...imho...also...is it playing or it's paused...
so how about only a bar which controls the music without any name or stuff, and fter that if the developer had time, setting an update shouldn't be a big deal. First things first, if the concept can be developed, it'll be a motivation itself

+1 for that!

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Or a plugin based bar, where developers of apps can provide their own plugin to the bar so the currently playing app shows details.

Similar to the AirPlay section in iOS devices' Multitasking Bar

I'll see if I'm free to do it on Friday :P

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Or a plugin based bar, where developers of apps can provide their own plugin to the bar so the currently playing app shows details.

Similar to the AirPlay section in iOS devices' Multitasking Bar

I'll see if I'm free to do it on Friday :P
I just love the way you reply mate lol
as Nike says, Just Do It! many people will be thankful good luck with that man, You're really precious to us

The Following User Says Thank You to jaymzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
2g/3g toggle seems better,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
2g/3g toggle seems better,
yes but it isn't a difficult one, it'll just be added to the other toggles, but this music thingy for metal heads like me is life!

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
i am not much into nux, but on windows, we can inject libraries...i am 100% sure that there's easier approaches on nux, but, however, this is concept:
we need to write plugin for unrestricted ui that will read some .ini/txt/conf file.
write plugin/s for music player/s that will be loaded by that player and read it's memory for specific data: track name, play state, track id/optionaly.....
because, if this would be officially from nokia, yes, developers would have time to write plugin, but, since not all n9 users use unrestricted ui....they will not have time no matter how much we beg...you all know that...so, we need to...what? to hack

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by jaymzzz View Post
yes but it isn't a difficult one, it'll just be added to the other toggles, but this music thingy for metal heads like me is life!
you tell me its not difficult? So please make it happens, i can wait, thx,

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by wook_sf View Post
i am not much into nux, but on windows, we can inject libraries...i am 100% sure that there's easier approaches on nux, but, however, this is concept:
we need to write plugin for unrestricted ui that will read some .ini/txt/conf file.
write plugin/s for music player/s that will be loaded by that player and read it's memory for specific data: track name, play state, track id/optionaly.....
because, if this would be officially from nokia, yes, developers would have time to write plugin, but, since not all n9 users use unrestricted ui....they will not have time no matter how much we beg...you all know that...so, we need to...what? to hack
system-ui is open source and most players provide a DBus interface, so there's no need to hook libraries (LD_PRELOAD on Linux)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
system-ui is open source and most players provide a DBus interface, so there's no need to hook libraries (LD_PRELOAD on Linux)
huh, then no hooking :'(