Active Topics

Back again with a guide.
Why because alot of user report about the black screen bug and i'm here to help you out again.

First of all i don't own those files and dindt make them all thanks go to the devs for there amazing work.

Dev names:
ammyt - for CPUTweak
freemangordon - for the 720p lib files etc
nicolai - for camera-ui
pali - for Kernel-power
Maemo Community - CSSU Update

Source codes
libgstdsp.so - https://meego.gitorious.org/~freeman...rees/maemo5-hd
Camera-UI - https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/camera-ui

!!!DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK.
I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY CLAIMS FOR DATA/FUNCTIONALITY LOSS CAUSED BY FOLLOWING THE STEPS BELOW!!!

Also overclocking is on your own risk device might damage and i'm not responsable for bricked devices or broken devices due overclocking

Also make sure you have extras and devel extras and a clean device.
With clean i mean you have never did the 720p at all this is required for this how to.

What do you need:
Time 10-30 minutes
Internet connection
root
Power kernel v49 or v50 (v50 is better)

Download this file below from you're phone or pc
Camera
CPUtweak
lib1
lib2
omap1
omap2
omap3
lib.so

If you downloaded the files from a pc copy them to the root of your nokia N900 memorycard.

Open X-term and gain root acces.
And do the following code with enter between every line.
Code:
cd /home/user/Mydocs/
apt-get install wget dbus-scripts zenity python python-osso python-gtk2
dpkg -i cputweak.deb
After that reboot phone go to X-term again gain root and do the following code with enter between every line.

Code:
cd /home/user/Mydocs/
dpkg -i omap1.deb omap2.deb omap3.deb
cp libgstdsp.so /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/
cp libgstdsp.so /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdsp.so
apt-get remove gstreamer0.10-openmax
After that reboot phone go to X-term again gain root and do the following code with enter between every line.

Code:
cd /home/user/Mydocs/
dpkg -i lib1.deb lib2.deb camera.deb
Reboot again..
Now open CPUTweak choose profiles and select one of the 3 HD profiles click ok warning pop up just click ok there and there will be a notification that the profile is installed and set as default.
Open camera and try to record in 720p!
If you did it just like i said here you should record in 720p without black screen!
If you got any problems feel free to comment here.

Last edited by RDilus; 2012-05-28 at 14:30.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RDilus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Well, first of all "the devs" have names . It will also be a good idea to link to the original thread/repos you gather all that omapN debs, libraries,camera-ui, etc. It will also be a good idea to link to the source code for the binaries you're distributing(as most of them are compiled from GPLed source code). BTW have in mind that wget is not in extras-(whatever flavor) repository AFAIK.

TBH I don't see a rationale for another 720p HOWTO thread, just because you've failed to copy libgstdsp.so in the correct directory. Also, you'd better give at least a sign whether your "easy way" overclocks the device or not.

A question - how you're going to support the users who have followed your HOWTO?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
The [HOW TO] is clearly explained by freemangordon HERE.

OK someone not able to follow his instruction ==> DON'T INSTALL; IMHO.

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RDilus View Post
Back again with a guide.
Why because alot of user report about the black screen bug and i'm here to help you out again.

First of all i don't own those files and dindt make them all thanks go to the devs for there amazing work.

!!!DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK.
I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY CLAIMS FOR DATA/FUNCTIONALITY LOSS CAUSED BY FOLLOWING THE STEPS BELOW!!!

Also make sure you have extras and devel extras and a clean device.
With clean i mean you have never did the 720p at all this is required for this how to.

What do you need:
Time 10-30 minutes
Internet connection
root
Power kernel v49 or v50 (v50 is better)

Download this file below from you're phone or pc
Camera
CPUtweak
lib1
lib2
omap1
omap2
omap3
lib.so

If you downloaded the files from a pc copy them to the root of your nokia N900 memorycard.

Open X-term and gain root acces.
And do the following code with enter between every line.
Code:
cd /home/user/Mydocs/
apt-get install wget dbus-scripts zenity python python-osso python-gtk2
dpkg -i cputweak.deb

Code:
cd /home/user/Mydocs/
dpkg -i omap1.deb omap2.deb omap3.deb
cp libgstdsp.so /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/
cp libgstdsp.so /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdsp.so
apt-get remove gstreamer0.10-openmax

Code:
cd /home/user/Mydocs/
dpkg -i lib1.deb lib2.deb camera.deb
Reboot again..
Now open CPUTweak choose profiles and select one of the 3 HD profiles click ok warning pop up just click ok there and there will be a notification that the profile is installed and set as default.
Open camera and try to record in 720p!
If you did it just like i said here you should record in 720p without black screen!
If you got any problems feel free to comment here.
so you come in look at a thread where people have really worked hard to help others and you make a small point of this is not my work etc and you give an impression as though you have made the whole process alot easier.

As others have suggested re-direct to that thread and stop leeching off others!

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, first of all "the devs" have names . It will also be a good idea to link to the original thread/repos you gather all that omapN debs, libraries,camera-ui, etc. It will also be a good idea to link to the source code for the binaries you're distributing(as most of them are compiled from GPLed source code). BTW have in mind that wget is not in extras-(whatever flavor) repository AFAIK.

TBH I don't see a rationale for another 720p HOWTO thread, just because you've failed to copy libgstdsp.so in the correct directory. Also, you'd better give at least a sign whether your "easy way" overclocks the device or not.

A question - how you're going to support the users who have followed your HOWTO?
because mines work perfect and your how to isnt that clean since users get the blackscreen issue and with this one 100% you won't get that and i know devs have names and im searching them all up lol
be thankfull that i'm even thank them instead of saying it's all my content and btw i'm not leeching i just uploaded to my dropbox because i changed the names for easy installation and write how it should be done without having the whole CSSU-T not everyone want that or have issues with it
so instead of being a douche you could also say
Geez thannk you to make it some easyer for the users that are not linux pro

The Following User Says Thank You to RDilus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jigzy View Post
so you come in look at a thread where people have really worked hard to help others and you make a small point of this is not my work etc and you give an impression as though you have made the whole process alot easier.

As others have suggested re-direct to that thread and stop leeching off others!
i'm not leeching idiot i changed the names to make it easy and i made a tut to install easy i never said coding is easdy did i no stfu

The Following User Says Thank You to RDilus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
we need more tolerance, seriously, im neutral, but can we keep this forum clean and nice?
ps: no more stfu or gtfo please,

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
we need more tolerance, seriously, im neutral, but can we keep this forum clean and nice?
ps: no more stfu or gtfo please,
i can life with that added the sources names en link to the devs topic it is all good now right ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RDilus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RDilus View Post
i'm not leeching idiot i changed the names to make it easy and i made a tut to install easy i never said coding is easdy did i no stfu
shows his/her class any slight critcism and he/she resorts to such language!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jigzy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
slow down people we are all at the same team
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post: