Active Topics

Notices

hi when i go into canola 2 to add a url to the internet radio it will always say no url for that,am i doing something wrong,also how do you add photos and podcast to it,sorry very new to this

Can't help much with the internet radio problem... as I was having the same issue.

I tried to add BBC Radio1 using the same URL used in Media player (for the real player stream) but it wouldn't use it.

However - for podcasts, look for the rss feed url for the podcast that you want to add..

For example, if you're wanting to add BBC podcasts, check out:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/directory/

sometimes, once you've entered the url and hit "return" you need to select it and hit "return" on the softkeyboard again to get it to register.

Hope that's some help

Internet radio support is really weird in all versions of Canola.

asx and real audio streams that work fine in the standard media player (such as bbc) are not recognised in Canola. instead you have to supply some strange playlist file format. I never got this to work and am baffled why it is implemented this way.

it's a big shame.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
You're probably right. I never tried Internet radio in Canola; the Internet radio app that goes on the main page works great for me. It's not like you have to choose, really.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Recife, Brazil
Originally Posted by konaboy32 View Post
Internet radio support is really weird in all versions of Canola.

asx and real audio streams that work fine in the standard media player (such as bbc) are not recognised in Canola. instead you have to supply some strange playlist file format. I never got this to work and am baffled why it is implemented this way.

it's a big shame.
That's the point of this beta, discovering the things that we missed. internet radio's biggest player so far is shoutcast.com, from Winamp, as as such provide streams in a m3u or pls formats. Now we know that people (such as bbc) are providing streams as asx and other kinds of xml, then we have to add support.

Ok, fair enough! I'm a Brit living in Sweden and I bought my N800 to use as an internet radio for the UK BBC channels. I for one would love to see this fully implemented in Canola. The standard radio player does get the job done but I prefer the "finger-friendly" canola gui.

Since I've always used MP3 streams and the radio I play on streams in mp3, it works just fine for me (I've added over 10 stations with no issue). It would be great to have more options however.

please add support for asx and xml. all of my radio links are us windows supported.

When I tried adding a shoutcast stream, I am able to paste the URL (which I noticed some folks were having problems with in another thread) but Canola seems to hang when trying to "Acquire channel name" I've let this run for quite a while, about 10 minutes, before stopping the action. Canola still runs fine afterwards, just no stream added.