Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by orava View Post
I forgot to mention in version 3.7.0 changes that now there's also possible to use built-in compass. I updated short instructions how to do it here.
Windowsissa toimiva mapsi ei enää lataa karttoja. Yritin noista keskusteluista selvittaa mitä pitäisi tehdä, mutta ei selvinnyt. Apua kaivattaisiin.

Off topic:
In my opinion the actions of Paikkatietoikkuna against us are completely ridiculous. We are private people using their service they have made freely available on the Internet. Mapsi is just a different front-end for using their service. They should think of it as a special kind of web browser. Yes, it might cache some data from their site, but so could a standard web browser. How are they going to prevent that? They also say that printing of a limited number of maps for private use is allowed. Why we can't store a limited number of maps digitally then? How is it different from printing media?

They can keep on building fences on our way and we'll just keep on jumping over them. What takes them money and days to implement, takes us a couple of hours to circumvent. So instead of harassing private people they should focus on companies profiting from their freely available service.

On topic:
Here's a wms_settings.ini and a simple python based url parser for the N9. The url parser extracts the current wms urls from paikkatietoikkuna.fi and writes them to wms_settings.ini. Just execute the python script every time, when paikkatietoikkuna.fi has changed "key values" in the wms urls.

Usage:
1. Download: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=273
2. Extract zip to /home/user/MyDocs/.mapsi
3. Execute the python script in the terminal: "python file.py"
4. Enjoy Mapsi

I certainly hope this madness ends in May...

Edit: Here's a wms_settings.ini with currently working wms urls for people who don't have an N9 or don't want to use the script: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=273.

Last edited by TheAnonJoe; 2012-01-04 at 13:42.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheAnonJoe For This Useful Post:
And here's a wms_settings.ini with currently working wms urls for people who don't have an N9 or don't want to use the script: http://www.multiupload.com/QQE8HLMXDC

Originally Posted by TheAnonJoe View Post
Off topic:
In my opinion the actions of Paikkatietoikkuna against us are completely ridiculous. We are private people using their service they have made freely available on the Internet. Mapsi is just a different front-end for using their service. They should think of it as a special kind of web browser. Yes, it might cache some data from their site, but so could a standard web browser. How are they going to prevent that? They also say that printing of a limited number of maps for private use is allowed. Why we can't store a limited number of maps digitally then? How is it different from printing media?

They can keep on building fences on our way and we'll just keep on jumping over them. What takes them money and days to implement, takes us a couple of hours to circumvent. So instead of harassing private people they should focus on companies profiting from their freely available service.

On topic:
Here's a wms_settings.ini and a simple python based url parser for the N9. The url parser extracts the current wms urls from paikkatietoikkuna.fi and writes them to wms_settings.ini. Just execute the python script every time, when paikkatietoikkuna.fi has changed "key values" in the wms urls.

Usage:
1. Download: http://www.multiupload.com/2MNZRVJ0IR
2. Extract zip to /home/user/MyDocs/.mapsi
3. Execute the python script in the terminal: "python file.py"
4. Enjoy Mapsi

I certainly hope this madness ends in May...

Edit: Here's a wms_settings.ini with currently working wms urls for people who don't have an N9 or don't want to use the script: http://www.multiupload.com/QQE8HLMXDC.
Kokeilin tätä windows versiossa 2.6.0. Se ilmoittaa kyllä, että url on päivitetty, mutta kun siirrän tämän vms_setting.ini tiedoston mapsii ei se kuitenkaan toimi. Jäiköhän multa joku python rivi editoimatta - editoin vain ini-tiedoston osoitteen.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Tarmo View Post
Windowsissa toimiva mapsi ei enää lataa karttoja. Yritin noista keskusteluista selvittaa mitä pitäisi tehdä, mutta ei selvinnyt. Apua kaivattaisiin.
Koitin karttojen osalta tuota 3.6.4 win versiota. Mapsin puolesta kartat kyllä latautuu mutta itsellä on ongelmia F-securen palomuurin kanssa, jostain syystä ei tule sitä kyselyä, että sallitaanko yhteys. Eli ei mene nettiin ilman kikkailuja.

Originally Posted by hyrra View Post
Koitin karttojen osalta tuota 3.6.4 win versiota. Mapsin puolesta kartat kyllä latautuu mutta itsellä on ongelmia F-securen palomuurin kanssa, jostain syystä ei tule sitä kyselyä, että sallitaanko yhteys. Eli ei mene nettiin ilman kikkailuja.
Mulla on myös F-secure. Aikaisemmin se on kyllä sallinut tämän yhteyden. Pitäisköhän mun käyttää tuota alkuperäistä version 2.6.0 vms_settings.ini tiedostoa ja ajaa siihen toi python scripti?

Originally Posted by Tarmo View Post
Kokeilin tätä windows versiossa 2.6.0. Se ilmoittaa kyllä, että url on päivitetty, mutta kun siirrän tämän vms_setting.ini tiedoston mapsii ei se kuitenkaan toimi. Jäiköhän multa joku python rivi editoimatta - editoin vain ini-tiedoston osoitteen.
Ainakin uusimman Windows version kanssa toimii, kun siirrät wms_settings.ini:n data kansioon, sekä käynnistät ja suljet Mapsin kerran. Sen jälkeen data kansioon tulee lisää tiedostoja, joista avaat settings.ini:n ja vaihdat sieltä rivin "useWms=false" -> "useWms=true".

Kiitos. Vaihto uusimpaan versioon auttoi. Sama homma pitäisi vielä tehdä N900 puhelimessa.

Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Is there a possibility to open gpx. files through the app? I would like to open gpx. files that my friends have recorded, for example if they have found a neat snowmobile trail, that I would like to try also. And then if you could share a recorded gpx. file for your friends from the app would be great too.
Opening routes saved in .gpx files was already possible at some older versions but I think I removed it 'cause it didn't worked well if route was divided in multiple segments. I'll try to fix it and add to the next version and I'll also look into how that .gpx sharing could be done.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Finland
saako tän tällä hetkellä jotenki toimiin?