Active Topics

Notices

NEW RELEASE OF SMSCON VERSION 0.9.9-1

smscon 0.9.9-1 has been queued for loading into fremantle extras-devel repository

Changes:
  • CHANGE: Deamon does no longer need to restart for switching between test mode and normal operation mode.
  • FIX: Daemon now reads test command requests from a named pipe and works them off sequentially (allows to quickly start several tests in a short time).
  • FIX: Fixed that COM_REMOTEOFF command did not work.
  • FIX: Fixed daemon crash ("need more than 3 values to unpack")
  • FIX (AGAIN): Force using busybox ps-command to ensure that process information like PID is at expected place.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
I have observed that if the master no and the last sender no is same, the application sends 2 sms to the same number. Can you please confirm whether this is bug or its only me that is facing this issue.

Also the commands received by sms are seen in conversations, i.e. they are not hidden. So in case if my n900 gets stolen and I send commands like Trackon, Call etc... the thief will come to know that a mobile tracking app is installed and will try to remove it.

Last edited by bvaibhav; 2011-12-29 at 03:41.

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
I've got a problem. While initialising it hangs. I cant make any tests and even when I reset the settings it keeps sending messages to my default number. How to debug/provide usefull info for you?
Bug (hanging on initialisation) confirmed. Happens in editor version 0.9.8 as well. I guess Saturn will take a look

I will look for keep sending sms problem.

Last edited by yablacky; 2011-12-29 at 09:44.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bvaibhav View Post
I have observed that if the master no and the last sender no is same, the application sends 2 sms to the same number. Can you please confirm whether this is bug or its only me that is facing this issue.

Are the two sms completely identically? This should not happen. But if the 1st sms is a command-receive acknowledge and the 2nd sms contains the answer of the command, then this is by design. You can disable the 1st one in General settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Jersey
Since 0.9.9, COM_REMOTEON and COM_CAMERA don't seem to work.

In both cases, the command shows up in smscon -log, does not work, and stops SMScon from processing further commands until sms -restart is issued.

COM_REMOTEON does not connect and there are no failed login attempts visible on server side either.

COM_CAMERA appears to nothing, unless after starting smscon in the terminal, in which case the following is output:

Code:
ERROR:dbus.connection:Exception in handler for D-Bus signal:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/dbus/connection.py", line 214, in
maybe_handle_message
    self._handler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/smscon/smscon_service.py", line 157, in OnSmsReceived
  File "/opt/smscon/smscon_service.py", line 591, in ProcessCommand
  File "/opt/smscon/smscon_service.py", line 1029, in
SetNetworkConnectionType
  File "/opt/smscon/smscon_service.py", line 1086, in GetGPRSname
TypeError: can only concatenate tuple (not "list") to tuple

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to l_bratch For This Useful Post:
Yes both the messages are identical and it happens when I enter wrong password or change the password. Havent yet checked for command response/acknowledgement.

The Following User Says Thank You to bvaibhav For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bvaibhav View Post
Yes both the messages are identical and it happens when I enter wrong password or change the password. Havent yet checked for command response/acknowledgement.
This is really strange because both, the on-wrong-pasword-sms and the password-got-changed-sms are only and explicitly sent to the masternumber (if one is defined - which is not the case on initial use).

Are other sms notifications (when initiated by you through sms-commands from master phone number) also sent twice?

Originally Posted by l_bratch View Post
Since 0.9.9, COM_REMOTEON and COM_CAMERA don't seem to work.
Sorry, at least the crash should be fixed now. This is major problem, so I release the fix asap. Thank your for the report.

The last reported crash makes me release asap:

NEW RELEASE SMSCON 0.9.10-1 AVAILABLE soon.

smscon 0.9.10-1 has been queued for loading into fremantle extras-devel repository

Changes:
  • FIX: If called in user mode (without sudo), prevent -export or -export! option to create/write files that user has no permission to create or write and further make user owner of the target file.
  • FIX: Fixed crash: TypeError: can only concatenate tuple (not "list") to tuple (sorry for that mistake...)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
No joke:

NEW RELEASE SMSCON 0.9.11-2 AVAILABLE soon.

smscon 0.9.11-2 has been queued for loading into fremantle extras-devel repository

Changes:
  • FIX: Fixed repeated resending of sms or email in almost zero-time intervals in case resend-time interval was configured to less than 1 minute.
  • ADD: Anonymized log files. Can be used to post logs in bug reports etc. Works like this:

Logfile shown by command "smscon -log" is now anonymized by default (phone numbers, host names, IP-addresses)

IMPORTANT NOTE(1):
    Anonymizing takes place with ABSOLUTELY NO guarantee!

IMPORTANT NOTE(2):
    It is NOT A BUG if there is too much or "wrong" anonymizing.
  • If new option "-pw password" was seen on command line before -log, then logfile is shown un-anonymized as before. The master number is the password.

And of course a super user has not limits anyway.
  • CHANGE: Logfile is no longer readable by normal user.
  • FIX(MINOR): Fixed typos and added more comments.

Some OFF TOPIC statements:

Thank you to all who were helping to make this app better by providing bug reports and ideas.

Tomorrow I will go skiing in switzerland for about 10 days and my online presence will be rare...

See you next year.

-- yablack

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post: