Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by MortenS View Post
I think the problem has actually got something to do with the Mail for Exchange, since it happened right after I changed my MfE server. Therefore I posted in this thread, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...91#post1138391 to make Sergey aware of the problem, as suggested by Jalyst a little further up...
Any feedback from him yet?

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Any feedback from him yet?
Nope, but as you wrote elsewhere, he might be on vacation. Enjoy yours, in case you are celebrating Christmas. Thanks for your contribution to the community in 2011!

The Following User Says Thank You to MortenS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Mauritius
I removed my SIM & my N9 locked itself, asking for the security code, which I never setup.

So after trying out the various default combinations, including my Nokia account password, T&P passcode... the only one that worked is my email account password.

No, I've never setup MFE, have only 1 gmail account on my N9.

Seriously Nokia, WTF?

Hope it helps...

The Following User Says Thank You to cm6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by cm6 View Post
I removed my SIM & my N9 locked itself, asking for the security code, which I never setup.

So after trying out the various default combinations, including my Nokia account password, T&P passcode... the only one that worked is my email account password.

Seriously Nokia, WTF?

Hope it helps...
I'm confused too - because how could You type in your email account password? Unless it consists of pure numbers (0123456789). Those where the only possible entries for me, and that's a problem if your password consists of letters (abcdefg etc.) too. Were you also able to enter letters?

Originally Posted by cm6 View Post

Seriously Nokia, WTF?

Hope it helps...
Definitely report that one in the tracker if it's not there!!
Only takes 5-mins....
If it's not already fixed they may want to get some more info from you.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Mauritius
Originally Posted by MortenS View Post
I'm confused too - because how could You type in your email account password? Unless it consists of pure numbers (0123456789). Those where the only possible entries for me, and that's a problem if your password consists of letters (abcdefg etc.) too. Were you also able to enter letters?
I got the normal keyboard instead of the numeric keyboard.

Definitely report that one in the tracker if it's not there!!
Only takes 5-mins....
If it's not already fixed they may want to get some more info from you.
I have a suspicion that the security code is being randomly assigned to various passwords from one of the services in your accounts.

sergey seems to think the security team are on top of morten & your issue
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...05#post1142005
Be nice to know which bug/s no's he actually found in the tracker.

Hi guys,

Same problem happened to me yesterday about the phone asking security code. i entered the security key that has beeen setup for track and protect and it unlocked my phone. Hope this helps you guys..

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
just FYI. I'm checking this bug atm, will update a good/bad news in MfE thread a bit later. If I find any workaround for this issue, I'll post it or even create a wiki page with the solution.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Greece
I had the same problem with my N9, and i flash it as a dead phone with phoenix. Since then I don't have any problem

The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeChios For This Useful Post: