Active Topics

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Halifax
I can vouch for worldwidevoltage I placed my order with them yesterday for a Magenta Nokia N9 and it was shipped to Halifax today, I asked for express shipping.. Sadly I was not home to sign for it so they will deliver it again tomorrow. The only thing is that the brokerage charges were ridiculous in total i will have to pay $99.31 on top of the $731 i paid already for the phone plus express shipping. This really sucks but oh well I'm just happy I will finally have the damn phone tomorrow . I think it will be worth it .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maj3stic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Originally Posted by Maj3stic View Post
I can vouch for worldwidevoltage I placed my order with them yesterday for a Magenta Nokia N9 and it was shipped to Halifax today, I asked for express shipping.. Sadly I was not home to sign for it so they will deliver it again tomorrow. The only thing is that the brokerage charges were ridiculous in total i will have to pay $99.31 on top of the $731 i paid already for the phone plus express shipping. This really sucks but oh well I'm just happy I will finally have the damn phone tomorrow . I think it will be worth it .
Good to hear, placed my order on Tuesday with them, should be in my hands on Friday, in the US they seem to be the best priced option. Looking forward to seeing what happens.

and don't forget to report back here!
i'm curious what make they sell.

I just got a SIM free 64GB black for US$634 (equivalent) at a local shop in the Philippines

Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
I just got a SIM free 64GB black for US$634 (equivalent) at a local shop in the Philippines
Which shop did you find it ? Is it philippine or import. Was there last week and asked a few Nokia and independant shops but they all said not out yet..soon.

-Jonan

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Got an email from Expansys UK saying the N9 is in stock and ready to ship.
https://www.expansys.com/nokia-n9-sm...dapter-225748/

£550 (64GB)

thanks but too late. Already bought one a month ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jonan View Post
Which shop did you find it ? Is it philippine or import. Was there last week and asked a few Nokia and independant shops but they all said not out yet..soon.

-Jonan
Got it at a local shop in Quezon City with Official Philippine Nokia Warranty. It's just been officially available today.

Last edited by BlinkThinks; 2011-11-16 at 12:25.

Hi, I am trying to get a "made in finland" N9 64GB model.
I have mailed www.expansys.com to query whether they are going to ship to india or not, but no reply from them.
Thinking of buying from Handtec, (they told me they can ship to india). But I have seen a thread with many complaints on the models recieved from them.
Are there any alternatives to get finland model? Read some where that finland build quality is better than made in china, is this true?

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Guys, can someone confirm if this place is good for purchasing ? Not like handtec.co.uk with restarting problems ?
http://www.ctinyc.com/show_product_d...29&brandtype=0

I wrote them email and I got this answer:
This model is made by Nokia in China, also if ship by FedEx is should take
3-4 days to arrive.
Also someone can confirm if this version (Nokia in China) is ok ?
thanks

Last edited by Schturman; 2011-11-16 at 17:16.

Originally Posted by mvladivostok View Post
I've received my black 64GB from amazon.de today - only 4 days from order to delivery, quite happy with that.

It's made in Finland. Version 10.2011.34-1_PR_001. Manuals in English and German, and AC plug is a Europlug. I've literally just received it, so I'll report back once I've tested it with SIM and data connection.

Still about Amazon - turns out they don't always show the best price on the main product page. Make sure you check the "new from ***€" link, as that's where you'll find the Amazon version at 604€.

Total cost with deliver to Ireland was 622.66€, which is quite reasonable, considering the prices of other vendors.
Ok, so now it's been 2 days with the N9 (black 64GB, from amazon.de). It didn't crash not even once. I applied the 1.1 patch as soon as it gave me the notification, it took a while but the process was flawless.

I've tried pretty much everything it can do, apart from heavy browsing. No crashes. I've also been using it with a micro-sim since this morning, and again, it just worked (I did need to reboot for it to recognise the SIM, though). I also found a few useful apps in the store (yes, it's a tiny store compared with iOS or Android).

The MAIN annoying thing - forget about synchronizing your contacts and calendar directly with your computer. It just isn't supported. I have a MAC and use iCal and the address book, and used to happily sync my old Nokia using iSync. But the N9 isn't supported (trust me, I tried everything, including Nokia beta labs software). Apparently, not even people using Outlook calendars can sync. The only way really is to go through Google calendar and contacts (which sort of defeats the purpose).

Thankfully I was able to sync the contacts directly from my old phone (thank you, Nokia), but can't sync them back to the Mac.

BEGIN TECH
I've enabled developer mode, and ssh into the phone. The calendar is stocked in a SQLite3 format, so coming up with a sync with the (also SQLite3) mac calendar should be doable. If Nokia don't do it soon, I'll have a quick go at it.
END TECH

All in all, I'm very happy with the phone. Everyone wants to hold it and swipe, and seem frustrated going back to their androids.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mvladivostok For This Useful Post:

Tags
dupe thread, pls merge