Active Topics

after installing .dep files(with clean app) i lost all apples on status menu and also tvout control widget wont start.... what did i do wrong???(sorry for my english)

Last edited by alex-12gods; 2011-11-13 at 16:48.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by alex-12gods View Post
after installing .dep files(with clean app) i lost all apples on status menu and also tvout control widget wont start.... what did i do wrong???(sorry for my english)
Had the same issue. I just did a reboot to fix the status menu.

I think that this is problem with status menu, not with packages. Rebooting device should fix this problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
reboot did nothing... i unistall and then reinstall the app and works now...but thanks anyway, it is a great app!!!

For all:
please test control panel plugin, desktop plugin and status menu applet if working with your TV.

control panel plugin and desktop plugin should change TV attributes immediately.

status menu plugin should be visible ONLY if TV out cable is connected into Nokia N900 and after click on status menu it should open control panel plugin.

These plugins will be added into CSSU - so we must be sure that it is working...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
works fine for me....thanks

Last edited by alex-12gods; 2011-11-14 at 10:24.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by pali View Post
For all:
please test control panel plugin, desktop plugin and status menu applet if working with your TV.

control panel plugin and desktop plugin should change TV attributes immediately.

status menu plugin should be visible ONLY if TV out cable is connected into Nokia N900 and after click on status menu it should open control panel plugin.

These plugins will be added into CSSU - so we must be sure that it is working...
Control panel plugin and desktop plugin run, but only the pal-ntsc setting works. Other settings (on/off, scaling, aspect ratio) have no effect, statusbar plugin doesn't show when plugging in the cable.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
My experience:
- All settings work (on/off, scaling, aspect ratio), and take immediate effect.
- I do not see a statusbar plugin appear when plugging in the cable.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Statusbar plugin is responsible for all changes (expect pal/ntsc) and is autoloaded when device started. But it should show visible button only when TV out cable is connected.

@ade:
If all settings work, statusbar plugin must be initialized. But if it does not show visible button, there is bug. Please run this command when TV out cable is connected and when is disconnected:

Code:
$ cat /sys/devices/platform/nokia-av/detect

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Code:
$ cat /sys/devices/platform/nokia-av/detect
Before plugging in the cable: 3
After: 2
Funny enough, after forcing a hildon-desktop restart, now it remains at 3

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post: