Active Topics

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by raytfer View Post
Once I tried to send a large attachment and the email stuck in my outbox. Finally I found out that my attachment is too large and the email client doesn't inform anything about it.

I think the email client lack some progress indicator for sending email (especially when sending large email).

Other than that, quite a nice experience!
Actually, attachment size is depends on a server settings, but I don't recommend you to send emails with attachments bigger then 5 MBs.

Originally Posted by noetus View Post
If you would like me to check logs, I am happy to do that, but I do not know where they are. And please note that David Boreman at Nuevasync.com knows about this issue and I am in active communication with him trying to troubleshoot the N9's syncing on their servers.
How to Enable Logs. Please, before attaching the logs remove all your private info out of them.

Originally Posted by r0gu View Post
After PR1.1 my gmail (the Google account) stopped syncing. I have tried to disable the account and start using it again. Didn't help. Any ideas what to try next?
Try to re-create these accounts. I saw a few comments that after update for some reason only this 'hack' can help.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Try to re-create these accounts. I saw a few comments that after update for some reason only this 'hack' can help.
I deleted my Google account and re-created it. The behavior is still the same.

I also just realized that roughly at the same time when PR1.1 came, I changed my SIM card. I started using Gmail and IMAP accounts before the change and MfE after the change. So this could also be the reason why only MfE is syncing at the moment. This post says that
"Accounts system on N9 is tied to your simcard. You can have up to 7 sim cards in the same device to share same accounts -- as long as you have enabled device lock code."
Since I am not using my phone in English, I'm not sure what is the device lock code and how to enable it.

I also report that my wife's situation is basically the same (SIM card, PR1.1, but she is only using Gmail) and she has exactly the same problem.

Thanks a lot for a quick reply!

Last edited by r0gu; 2011-11-11 at 09:52. Reason: Improved my explanation.

I also just realized that roughly at the same time when PR1.1 came, I changed my SIM card. I started using Gmail and IMAP accounts before the change and MfE after the change. So this could also be the reason why only MfE is syncing at the moment. This post says that
Since I am not using my phone in English, I'm not sure what is the device lock code and how to enable it.

I also report that my wife's situation is basically the same (SIM card, PR1.1, but she is only using Gmail) and she has exactly the same problem.

I haven't changed my sim-card, have 3 imap-accounts, and none of them syncs automatically after PR1.1...
Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

Where are you from r0gu?

Last edited by Laamane; 2011-11-11 at 10:10.

Originally Posted by Laamane View Post
Where are you from r0gu?
Finland.

--
(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.)

Finland.

--
(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.)
Ok, tuo "device lock code" on puhelimesta löytyvä suojakoodi, löytyy Asetukset->Suojaus->Laitteen lukitus.
En kyllä tiedä miten tuo auttaisi....

Sorry about the finnish, just telling him where to find device lock code.

Just to wrap my problem up; No red arrow / no sync problems anymore with MfE after the PR1.1 update. Same with two colleagues who had the exactly same problem with N9s with our Exchange. Thanks for all involved!

Ok, tuo "device lock code" on puhelimesta löytyvä suojakoodi, löytyy Asetukset->Suojaus->Laitteen lukitus.
En kyllä tiedä miten tuo auttaisi....

Sorry about the finnish, just telling him where to find device lock code.
Thanks Laamane. That was also my guess, but I was unsure because I didn't get (and I still don't get) how that could be related to email syncing.

Yay, mine is working now! I did the "Restore settings" and now it's syncing again.
Recreating email accounts didn't help, but restoring settings did the job. Now it's a perfect phone again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laamane For This Useful Post:
my n950 keep on forgetting email passwords ( wants me to fill in manually) on all the accounts. is there something wrong with my setting, or is it just the email client playing up?

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod

Try to use this advise:
Yay, mine is working now! I did the "Restore settings" and now it's syncing again.
Recreating email accounts didn't help, but restoring settings did the job. Now it's a perfect phone again.
but I have no idea why it could help or what could be broken here

Originally Posted by iwang View Post
my n950 keep on forgetting email passwords ( wants me to fill in manually) on all the accounts. is there something wrong with my setting, or is it just the email client playing up?
Let me guess, issue happens after reboot? If yes then it is not just email problem (at least it shouldn't be only email issue). Looks like signon issue. Just check the same use case with other accounts (facebook, twitter etc.).

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950