Active Topics

Originally Posted by patlak View Post
You sure know the meaning of trolling. I guess you hate the N9 so much or can't cope with the SWYPE UI. You have no actual facts of why those other phones are much better, except for offering dual core and support. But, N9 does offer you exclusivity in this Android age.

And NO, Android is not tailored for my tastes, that's why I'm leaning towards a N9.

P.S. You are trolling. Stating how N9 is not high-end and yet you suggest an iPhone 4 with a 800MHz A8 and 512MB RAM. Grow up.

My apologies for off topic, but ignorant and factless people annoy the sh¡t out of me.
1- I'm highly informed, not factless at all
2- I don't have any bias to any company
3- My frustration isn't directed at you, its directed at the Stooges running NOKIA
4- The N9 is a unique device, but that should NOT be an excuse to choose it over other devices, people need to see the shape/form/feel/price and then decide in this crowded market
5- An iPhone 4 will have a longer "life" than the N9
6- WP7 ATE N9

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Not planning on having one phone for several years, so it's fine.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
1- I'm highly informed, not factless at all
2- I don't have any bias to any company
3- My frustration isn't directed at you, its directed at the Stooges running NOKIA
4- The N9 is a unique device, but that should NOT be an excuse to choose it over other devices, people need to see the shape/form/feel/price and then decide in this crowded market
5- An iPhone 4 will have a longer "life" than the N9
6- WP7 ATE N9
1. In this situation, honestly, you seemed to be an average Joe. Maybe it wasn't your intention, but that's how it turned out.
2. I don't either. I just respect Nokia for innovation prior to their current downfall.
3. Understandable and agreeable.
4. N9 being a unique device and a last one of its kind are reasons for buying. I believe that I am not the only one. Form and UI of the device make it usable with one hand - another pro. Best multitasking, free navigation, etc are more pros for the device
5. App Store makes a difference, but depends to whom. I repeat once more, phones are a short term investment in this day and age which makes an out of box experience much more important.
6. Agree, I hope they fail and run back to MeeGo. Symbian Belle is much better than WP7.

just pick up the nokia n9 and feel the difference in quality compared to the sgs2. The n9 screams of quality, the sgs2 feels like a toy compared to it.

And the os i great!

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
I realize this is OT, but what the hell. Sue me.

I had the SGS2 and I sold it to get the N9.

I prefer the N9, as its more suited to my needs and I enjoy having a device that is different from what everyone else has. (Not saying thats a good reason to buy a phone, Im saying that for me that was one of the reasons.)

Im sure I could survive with an iphone. I survived with a symbian3 device for a while too. It just doesnt do for me what the N9 does.

Back to Topic!
For the N9 in the Ovi Store, there are a PSX emulator .. In fact EmuMaster 0.0.2 (NES / SNES / GBA / PSX) PSX is still an alpha but it exists
I has never tested PSX Emu, I only play SNES ..

Just on the off topic discussion
I bought one N9, because it looks brilliantly and is excellent in the operation .. Am thrilled by Swype, I've already started to Swype on my N8: P Sure, it does not have as many games or applications (WhatsApp ) like Iphone / Android ... There is something much more important exclusivity!
I own the phone only a week but I'm approached by many people what it was for a phone? You've never seen or heard of .. I stand out from the crowd and that's what it comes to me: D

^^ Unnecessary.

Back to topic, yes there is a PSX emulator for the N9. It's apparently built on Qt and C++ so expect fullspeed in the future. Currently in Alpha state (and closed), probably will be beta and made open in the near future.

Here's a glimpse:
http://mynokiablog.com/2011/10/09/vi...ulator-for-n9/