Active Topics

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ France
Hello, I've recently read there is a lot of new emulators available for N9 but nothing about PSX, which is one of the most interesting. Is there a PSX emulator in development for Harmattan or maybe a porting from N900?

Nothing I've seen.
I don't think there is one, but there might be one in development. However, the developers wont disclose anything until they finish it/get it somewhat running to avoid the trolls, which I can understand.

May I ask, why the N9?
Grab the Samsung Note, SGSII or maybe even the Droid3/Milestone3.

You are right, haven't seen PSX emulator being mentioned for some reason. Haven't really looked as i'm more of a Nintendo guy as far as the old stuff goes.
Would think there's one in works.

Would be nice if EmuMaster could include it at some point.

These are the other emulators i know about.
Nintendo 64 emulator
AntSnes

fMSX, Speccy, ColEm, iNES, MasterGear, VGB, VGBA, AlmostTI

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Nothing I've seen.
I don't think there is one, but there might be one in development. However, the developers wont disclose anything until they finish it/get it somewhat running to avoid the trolls, which I can understand.

May I ask, why the N9?
Grab the Samsung Note, SGSII or maybe even the Droid3/Milestone3.
Why not the N9?

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
You are right, haven't seen PSX emulator being mentioned for some reason. Haven't really looked as i'm more of a Nintendo guy as far as the old stuff goes.
Would think there's one in works.

Would be nice if EmuMaster could include it at some point.

These are the other emulators i know about.
Nintendo 64 emulator
AntSnes

fMSX, Speccy, ColEm, iNES, MasterGear, VGB, VGBA, AlmostTI
Arf...no CPCm

Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Why not the N9?
It's Outdated, Unsupported, Expensive, Has a confusing UX (subjective), No expandable memory, Lacks a big screen, Lacks a qwerty-pad. We could go on all day...

If it was priced for $350 or less, I would get it too (c'mon the Xiaomi M1 costs $310).

But your money is better invested in an iPhone 4S (or 5 whatever) than this device, although I encourage buying a good Android device.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
It's Outdated, Unsupported, Expensive, Has a confusing UX (subjective), No expandable memory, Lacks a big screen, Lacks a qwerty-pad. We could go on all day...

If it was priced for $350 or less, I would get it too (c'mon the Xiaomi M1 costs $310).

But your money is better invested in an iPhone 4S (or 5 whatever) than this device, although I encourage buying a good Android device.
Define outdated? Dual core is not everything. Efficient programming and good use of resources is (Qt). N9 has all features even more than all current high end phones. Confusing UX - you're kidding, RIGHT (a monkey could swype)? Expandable memory, 64GB - not enough? Screen is perfect, it makes the phone actually usable with one hand; remember, it's a phone, needs to be pocketable also (galaxy note on the other hand...). You say N9 lacks a keyboard and yet you mention buying an iPhone or new androids. I could go on all day...

Pricing is perfect, perfect innovative OS, with high end features. What good is a dual core when all games run on a single core 600MHz device? Plus, N9 has what N900 lacked to become a perfect device, REAL 1GB of RAM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
I have L/XL hands (can grip a basketball) and I have average sized pockets. So a 5" device is pocketable for me, heard of the Dell Streak?
A 5" device with thick bezel ... more like a 6.3" device yet people bought it and it was pocketable. I'm just saying everyone is different and rather than limit yourself to 3.9 inches, you can grab something tailored to you, but you go right ahead and enjoy your skinnys

Many people bought the N900 for the qwerty keypad. There are "next-gen" Android devices like the N900 --have a keypad. With the N9 you don't get this. And if you are contempt with an onscreen keyboard, then you must think about the slab Android devices, and the iPhone too.
Why do I mention the iPhone (its taboo)?
At least an iPhone 3GS was a very good phone for its time, as with the iPhone 4, and so too for the upcoming iPhone. Apple makes sure its devices are one of the best for an entire year, and after one year they are still great devices, its called company support. You WILL NOT GET THIS WITH THE N9!!!

The Confusing part of the UX is the left and right bezel swiping. There's bound to be applications (eg Fruit Ninja) that will require some sort of swiping in the same direction, and yes this will get in the way. This isn't news, WebOS has this trouble too, and soon even the PlayBook.

Its not about if 64GB is enough, its about simplicity.
I rather have a 32GB device and expandable with 32GB microSD. Then I can put my most used content on the device, and pop in the card when its necessary. Eg/ long trips just put in one with your emulators... or put in a fresh one to record video/photos too. There so small and I can keep them in a compartment in my wallet. It keeps one more device away (your PC), makes it simple, solves issues that many people experience.

Same thing goes for removable batteries. I rather have a fully charged backup with me, than a case that acts as an extended battery.

The 1GB of RAM is a very good feature. It allows the software some breathing space, too bad that really (really) powerful applications aren't sped up by extra ram, the A8 may bog it down (don't you know all apps will be running in the background?).
And it is FACT the Cortex A8 is outdated. Yes its all anybody needs, right now, but it is not future-proof. They will get outdated along with the ARM11's once Applications mature to provide more features/more performance etc etc.

Would you be happy if theres a dozen android devices that do something your phone cannot and you really want it, and what if you found out the older (Tegra2, TI44, Exynos) devices support said feature, and your device is only a year old!

But who cares as long as theres plenty of software modifications on the way to iron out bugs and make things run as effecient as they can, right? wrong!
NOKIA killed MeeGo, and Intel has slowed MeeGo's development (due to Windows 8?), and no other OEM has released statements to support it. Its a dying OS which hasn't been born yet. Something that frustrates me everytime I visit here.

To answer the op, yes bonapart is working on a harmattan version of psx4m-gui.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
To answer the op, yes bonapart is working on a harmattan version of psx4m-gui.
are u sure, if yes i feel gratefully
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo