Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
yup. feels smoother here.
thanks for the update! i have opera in all my net browsing gadgets right now. really love this browser.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Great update thanks.

On my N900 this version crashes when opening http://www.qtcentre.org/forum.php (I tried several times and also rebooted the phone) can someone else try?

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
hi sakya! just tried it and it opened fine. i have a different issue... in text fields such as this one at the bottom of the thread and the address bar CTRL+C and CTRL+Z no longer works. it just replaces everything in the field with the letter you press with the CTRL key... can you guys confirm this? i already restarted my device before posting this.

EDIT: not everything in the field is replace, just your selection. sorry bout that. anybody willing to try?
or if it was just my imagination telling me that those two shortcuts used to work please tell me. but i'm pretty sure that they did work before this update.

Last edited by vetsin; 2011-10-12 at 18:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
Hi Everyone,

Long time no see. I'm happy to tell you that Opera Mobile 11.5 for Maemo is now on it's way into the extras repository.

Enjoy!

/ohrn
Thanks for not abandoning us Maemoers

Greetz,

J4ZZ

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Woho, love surprises like these

@Opera Team:
thank you for not forgetting the maemo users. We may not be so many; but we definately are the more grateful.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to whisk4s For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
funny thing... Opera 11.5 came for Maemo earlier than Symbian ^3! or IOS

thanks for that!

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
After some quick testing i see that Opera still do not respect external rotation changes on Diablo. If you set screen rotation different to what Opera is set to, and open a new tab, Opera will force the screen rotation back to the orientation that it has in its settings.

Oh, and why is text wrapping off when using the Maemo on-screen keyboard. But on when using the Opera keyboard? And when trying to bring up the full screen OSK on single line input areas, Opera registers the "enter".

Last edited by tso; 2011-10-12 at 19:49.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Utrecht, the Netherlands
I noticed a new way of copy/paste. Now with movable arrows to show beginning and end of text to copy. Nice!

The Following User Says Thank You to Hmtsjmftsch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hmtsjmftsch View Post
I noticed a new way of copy/paste. Now with movable arrows to show beginning and end of text to copy. Nice!
I think i will stick with long pressing dpad center on my N800, as dragging those markers around a flaky (a momentary drop in pressure results in a "long-tap" that brings up the menu and send the selection into oblivion).

Tags
fast browser, opera