Closed Thread
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Jordan
is separated wallpaper for portrait mode of desktop implemented ? if yes, how can I enable it ?

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
For random reboots I only restored Nokia kernel and then reinstalled kernel power from repositories and now works like a charm

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Barres View Post
But how dit you open xterm with hildon-desktop crashing... i can't do anything.
R&D mode disables the watchdogs, so hildon-desktop should run.

MohammadAG, can you please also look at the issue with GDK-pixbuf image loading I've described above? It is all screwed up and I frankly haven't the faintest idea where to look. It all started after the latest, as of today, update was applied.

What info should I provide so that you see what happened?

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
R&D mode disables the watchdogs, so hildon-desktop should run.
No, watchdog is just checking the systemhealth and will reboot when it notice hildon-desktop crashes. So using the no lifeguard option just disables the panic reboot but hildon-desktop will still be dead so you can't use ctrl + x or the app menu.

The Following User Says Thank You to antezz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by jafd View Post
MohammadAG, can you please also look at the issue with GDK-pixbuf image loading I've described above? It is all screwed up and I frankly haven't the faintest idea where to look. It all started after the latest, as of today, update was applied.

What info should I provide so that you see what happened?
Which PR is your device on?

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by antezz View Post
No, watchdog is just checking the systemhealth and will reboot when it notice hildon-desktop crashes. So using the no lifeguard option just disables the panic reboot but hildon-desktop will still be dead so you can't use ctrl + x or the app menu.
That means the only thing i can do is flash my n900? Will everything be lost? Or can i use the backups that i made before installing the ssu update?

Or is there another way to enter xterm? Or to disable the portrait_wallpaper function?

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
are you guys on maemo16.5? i just update mine. also tried the CSSU config app but there's some problem with it. i hope it gets ironed out quickly.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Barres View Post
That means the only thing i can do is flash my n900? Will everything be lost? Or can i use the backups that i made before installing the ssu update?

Or is there another way to enter xterm? Or to disable the portrait_wallpaper function?
Well if you had backup use it? There's a few ways you can access the N900 like if you are having the Multiboot installed then it's possible to use the USB network -> SSH server. But i would suggest if you have a backup just put it back in.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Which PR is your device on?
1.3 + whatever CSSU update was the previous one.

By the way, tried downgrading libgtk2.0-0, no good (in fact, the same). Effectively, gdk-pixbuf cannot load any PNG file.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade