Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by cutehunk04 View Post
any new for new update...
Soon I guess, there is some action anyway, read some logs from the irc-channel here: http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-ssu-irclog/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to towhatend For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
Originally Posted by towhatend View Post
Soon I guess, there is some action anyway, read some logs from the irc-channel here: http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-ssu-irclog/

must be a huge changelog i guess...thats the reason its taking time .. eagerly waiting for it...

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Woooo! IRC logs for Sunday are encouraging!

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I think this has been mentioned before, but would you guys who make the CSSU be interested in contributing towards the MeeGo N900 adaptation? There's a steady developer-buzz around it already, but you guys have experience in targeting those apps and functions important to the end-user (as well as some of the "under the surface" system functionality).

The MeeGo Community Edition has already submitted patches upstream, meaning that any successes with MeeGo CE could have greater repercussions. Most definitely with MeeGo there's no fear of becoming outdated or obsolete either.

Have you guys (Mohammad, freemangordon, Jaffa, Cepi Perez ... etc) thought about this already? What do you think?

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
i am waiting for this update as the same way i used to wait for the PR. updates.. i am too excited and a big thank to the working team

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
I think this has been mentioned before, but would you guys who make the CSSU be interested in contributing towards the MeeGo N900 adaptation? There's a steady developer-buzz around it already, but you guys have experience in targeting those apps and functions important to the end-user (as well as some of the "under the surface" system functionality).

The MeeGo Community Edition has already submitted patches upstream, meaning that any successes with MeeGo CE could have greater repercussions. Most definitely with MeeGo there's no fear of becoming outdated or obsolete either.

Have you guys (Mohammad, freemangordon, Jaffa, Cepi Perez ... etc) thought about this already? What do you think?
Though not ill-willed, I didn't like seeing your invitation here. So many people are waiting eagerly for CSSU, the only update MAEMO users are looking forward to and you're asking our beloved developers to spend some time on the other side of the fence. I wouldn't stop them and I honestly am looking forward to Meego on the N900, but please not now. I have decided to stop posting at "death of maemo" threads as I feel it only speeds up the process by attracting more attention and adding more doubt about the its future (which is already pretty dim). CSSU is maemo's step forward, try not to add more obstacles in the way.
Thank you.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by cjp View Post

Yet again...

I really don't get it. Servers are overloaded with threads from "respected" community members announcing dead of Maemo, council members have no idea what is CSSU status, and don't seem to care, moderators don't give a **** about guy from uk and several other trolls flooding TMO, Meego developers come every day trying to convince me that I am wasting my time time contributing to Maemo, and now this. Unbelievable, sorry English is not the strongest part of my intelligence so I lack words here.

Don't know about others, but I am not interested now, try again when it does not take 15 seconds to open terminal in n900 Meego CE.

What about if some of the CE team members having Maemo 5 insight information (source code access , headers, documentation, god knows what else) contribute to CSSU? I think all n900 USERS, not developers will appreciate that. What do you think?

Last edited by freemangordon; 2011-09-06 at 16:30. Reason: I was wrong about CE team members

The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Yet again...

What do you guys ( "n900 CE team" ) have against Maemo 5? Why every now and then some of you come here trying to steal as much brains from Maemo as possible? Most of the good developers are already gone from here, playing with their new shiny n950 toys, there are only few left( I mean developers, not good ), yet it is not enough for you. Are you paid for that... wait... YOU ARE PAID FOR THAT, AIN'T?.

I really don't get it. Servers are overloaded with threads from "respected" community members announcing dead of Maemo, council members have no idea what is CSSU status, and don't seem to care, moderators don't give a **** about guy from uk and several other trolls flooding TMO, Meego developers come every day trying to convince me that I am wasting my time time contributing to Maemo, and now this. Unbelievable, sorry English is not the strongest part of my intelligence so I lack words here.

Don't know about others, but I am not interested now, try again when it does not take 15 seconds to open terminal in n900 Meego CE.

What about if some of you having Maemo 5 insight information (source code access , headers, documentation, god knows what else) contribute to CSSU? I think all n900 USERS, not developers will appreciate that. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
To be fair, I don't think cjp has any involvement in N900CE. He's just posing a question as a user. FWIW, I agree with you on this. I don't see any reason why Meego must be 'the future' for the N900. By the time it's ready to become a true replacement for Freemantle, many people will have moved on to a different device.

Most people that have stuck with the N900 until now will still be using it as their main (and sometimes only) device. How can anyone expect users to suffer a partly functioning operating system for what could be several months before N900CE is 'ready'? Freemantle is stable and feature complete. It just needs a few tweaks and bug fixes, which is where CSSU comes in.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-09-06 at 16:24. Reason: grammatical error

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Then my apologies to "CE team", other parts of the post remain unchanged.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Yet again...

What do you guys ( "n900 CE team" ) have against Maemo 5? Why every now and then some of you come here trying to steal as much brains from Maemo as possible? Most of the good developers are already gone from here, playing with their new shiny n950 toys, there are only few left( I mean developers, not good ), yet it is not enough for you. Are you paid for that... wait... YOU ARE PAID FOR THAT, AIN'T?.

What about if some of you having Maemo 5 insight information (source code access , headers, documentation, god knows what else) contribute to CSSU? I think all n900 USERS, not developers will appreciate that. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Thank you
Thank you
Did I thank you today?

At least there are a few great developers like you that haven't jumped yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade