Active Topics

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
i hav lan card.not wifi card. my pc is connctd via intrnet cable.broadband connection
SSH works regardless of how your computers are connected. It's just an IP (TCP) based protocol. Whether you have a router, a WLAN, or a 3G connection is irrelevant.

Now. Make sure both your computer and your N900 have an IP address and a proper routing table (= are connected to the internet, try loading the google.com webpage or whatever).

If both are connected, then ssh from your computer to your N900. If it doesn't work, report on another thread (or possibly in another forum, as the problem might be related to your connection, cable modem, etc, etc.)

Good luck. But please stop "spamming" (whether you agree with the term or not), because your problem is NOT related to KP48.

Originally Posted by metawishmaster View Post
I'm writing small script where I get battery level as following:
full=`cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/charge_full`
now=`cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/charge_now`
echo "Battery at `expr $now \* 100 \/ ${full}`%"

But it doesn't work with KP48
What should I do instead?
check this out maybe worth a read

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Start a new thread please freeman, this is one of the most exciting developments since injection capable wifi drivers.
here

ten chars

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
i ahv flashed my N900 by myself for the first tym.i am very happy.and the first thing i did was install k48 and cssu.no apps installed.will let you kno the battery life

Hey, problem with leafpad crashing, when "saving as" from root is real - everyone testing have it - and, everyone agree that it's caused by kp48.

From observations, it may be caused by a way that - after a kp48 upgrade - system handle segmentation faults.

Pali, any ideas?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
i became root. started leafpad with no file from x-terminal.wrote something and saved as. no crash. what steps reproduce this?

The Following User Says Thank You to evan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Yep BH-214 disconnects after around 10-30 seconds.
If you listen closely as I remember you can hear rasp or a beep, after that its disconnected.
But this doesnt have to do with KP48, its the same in KP47 and stock kernel too (I think).

As far as I know the only BT HS that works flawless i BH-903.
N900 BT compability isnt that topnotch
Nope It works flawlessly with stock kernel. Moreover it worked flawlessly with all KP versions below and including 46.
I probably have to try vanila reflash and installing kp46 if it is still available, because it looks like kp47 brought sth that is used regardless of kp version.
So basically it means that if I try to uninstall kp48 and get kp46 it would still will be broken. I really wonder why.

But I can confirm that stock kernel doesnt have these problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to Darkslayer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
i became root. started leafpad with no file from x-terminal.wrote something and saved as. no crash. what steps reproduce this?
Do You have R&D mode enabled, by any chance? It may prevent reboot happening, due to watchdos being disabled.

If that is not the case, I would be left scratching head - there are numerous reports about this problem around forum, and every one seems to be related to kp48.

// Edit

Also, what do You use to become root? "rootsh" package?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
no r&d enabled. maybe anything to do with busybox replacement? it had many updates recently..
edit: rootsh yes
edit 2: sudo leafpad->save as ->leafpad crashes
sudo gainroot->segmentation fault
root behaves well.
I dont't think it has anything to do with the kernel.
we should be looking elsewhere

Last edited by evan; 2011-08-27 at 19:55.

Only two things I've been updating from 100% no problem state were kp48 and busybox-power. Ho ever, rolling back to old busybox-power doesn't fix the problem.

I got all crash andsegfault symptoms You've mentioned, except for fact that with root it reboots device. Can You please install busybox-power and check results, to be 100% sure?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou