Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
I bet everybody moved on to use ZapLoc....

Originally Posted by rlinfati View Post
I update my latitude client after a lot of time to be compatible with the new google api and oauth \o/
Thanks. I tried it, but I don't see any updates appearing. I can see on my Google profile I've allowed "LatitudeUpdater" access. I can see the GPS icon appear, but no location updates appear on Latitude's website. I've rebooted. I'm not sure what's gone wrong... The previous version worked well before Google changed things server-side.

while testing this app it didnt actually work, didnt make one update which i was watching from the web at the same time, for hours...

however after doing a bit of reading on the google latitude api, if this maemo app worked i could see some features to add.

the api supports history update which is a feature of the webpage to track your own movements. interesting. obviously this maemo app if it cant make updates it should be able to cache/queue its updates until it can make an update and thus history is kept complete.

and if google eventually allow the latitude api to have friends locations be known (although this can be stripped from the webpage lol), this should be integrated into the contact list for that friends current location and last time they updated.

i guess my overall end picture here is to eventually get a proper google maps integration with latitute with contact list so one can just click on that contact, and maps will pop up with a turn by turn to their location. great dream

I've spotted this in my Latitude settings:

Account settings -> Authorizing applications & sites -> You have granted the following services access to your Google Account: LatitudeUpdater -> More info -> You haven't given <<NUMBER>>.apps.googleusercontent.com any permission to access your Latitude location information.

I've run /opt/linfati.com/bin/LatitudeUpdaterDaemon in a shell and noticed the following problems:

* GoogleLatitude::onRequestReady "{"error":{"errors":[{"domain":"global","reason":"insufficientPermissio ns","message":"The user is not opted in to Google Latitude."}],"code":403,"message":"The user is not opted in to Google Latitude."}}"

* GoogleLatitude::sendCurrentLocation
json_location "{"data": {"kind":"latitude#location","latitude":<<LATITUDE> >,"longitude":<<LONGITUDE>>,"accuracy":<<ACCURACY> >}}"
("Authorization", "Content-Type")
"OAuth oauth_signature_method="HMAC-SHA1", oauth_consumer_key="<<NUMBER>>.apps.googleusercont ent.com", oauth_version="1.0", oauth_timestamp="<<NUMBER>>", oauth_nonce="<<NUMBER>>", oauth_token="<<TOKEN>>", oauth_signature="<<SIGNATURE>>""
"application/json"
* GoogleLatitude::onRequestReady ""
* GoogleLatitude::onAuthorizedRequestDone
* GoogleLatitude::onRequestReady "{"error":{"errors":[{"domain":"global","reason":"backendError","messag e":"Backend Error"}],"code":503,"message":"Backend Error"}}"

Hope this helps...

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
backend error ? uh...

please, delete ~/.config/linfati.com/latitudeupdater.conf and try again to auth

The Following User Says Thank You to rlinfati For This Useful Post:
Rodrigo, there are changes in API was announced some time ago, according to updated Developer's Guide (v1): Using REST :

Your application must use OAuth 2.0 to authorize requests. No other authorization protocols are supported.

Originally Posted by rlinfati View Post
backend error ? uh...

please, delete ~/.config/linfati.com/latitudeupdater.conf and try again to auth
Thanks for the suggestion. I have:

Deleted ~/.config/linfati.com and ~/.config/linfati (old version) config directories.
Revoked access to the app in Google account settings so they're recreated from scratch.
Reauthenticated via the "Auth" button in the application, allowing access and getting to the "OAuth finished" screen.
Closed app and started /opt/linfati.com/bin/LatitudeUpdaterDaemon from console to get debug output

Same errors:

"You haven't given <number>.apps.googleusercontent.com any permission to access your Latitude location information." (from Google account settings page)

* GoogleLatitude::onRequestReady "{"error":{"errors":[{"domain":"global","reason":"insufficientPermissio ns","message":"The user is not opted in to Google Latitude."}],"code":403,"message":"The user is not opted in to Google Latitude."}}"
* GoogleLatitude::onRequestReady "{"error":{"errors":[{"domain":"global","reason":"backendError","messag e":"Backend Error"}],"code":503,"message":"Backend Error"}}"

Thanks.

I've just compared the oAuth process between LatitudeWidget and ZapLoc (which works).

With ZapLoc, I get two pages:

page 1:
The site <number>.apps.googleusercontent.com is requesting access to your Google Latitude account. If you are granting <number>.apps.googleusercontent.com access for the first time, you'll need to grant access to Latitude below and then to your Google Account on a following page.

Do you want to grant <number>.apps.googleusercontent.com access to:

* View and update your best-available location
* View and update your current location
page 2:
The Zap's Location Updater application on your computer is requesting access to your Google Account for the product(s) listed below.

Google Latitude
With LatitudeWidget, I just get the 2nd page:
The LatitudeUpdater application on your computer is requesting access to your Google Account for the product(s) listed below.

Google Latitude
When I look at ZapLoc permissions:
This site currently has access to:

View and update your best-available location
View and update your current location
With LatitudeWidget:
You haven't given <number>.apps.googleusercontent.com any permission to access your Latitude location information.
Hope this helps. Thanks.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
wired..., with my account:

You have granted xxx.apps.googleusercontent.com access to your Google Latitude account.
This site currently has access to:
View your city-level location
Update your best-available location
View and update your current location

:/

I've tried using a different Google account (to see if it was account-specific), but it didn't fix the problem.

I've had a look at the Latitude OAuth doc, specifically the bit about scope:
http://code.google.com/apis/latitude...rest.html#auth

I've checked out your code from git and the only bit I could find that looked scope-related is this line (line 20) in googlelatitude.cpp:
GoogleOauthAdditional.insert("scope", "https://www.googleapis.com/auth/latitude");

Should this be asking for "latitude.current.best" or similar, rather than just "latitude"?

I don't have a compilation environment set up to try different settings out.

Could you have set permissions manually during development and not added code to do it in the released version? Could you revoke access in your Google account settings and then try authorising again using the released version of your app to see if it stops working?

Hope this helps. Thanks for your assistance.