Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
thats why I dont understand why that idiotboaoard inside Nokia doesnt release the phone RIGHT NOW.
You will be hard pressed to find any phone by Nokia that was not a Symbian phone that was announced and released quickly.

That is not how Nokia rolls. They announce, delay... delay... then release. As I see it, the Nokia N9 is no different than any other release before it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You will be hard pressed to find any phone by Nokia that was not a Symbian phone that was announced and released quickly.

That is not how Nokia rolls. They announce, delay... delay... then release. As I see it, the Nokia N9 is no different than any other release before it.
And will be even more problems than the one before it .

Only this time they actually told you so ! boy what a way to run a company

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
most countries won’t get the n9 before middle/end of september and that’s the time the iphone 5 is rumored to hit some markets (september usa, october europe), so the n9 has to compete with ip5. Comparing it with the „old“ iphone would be a bit unfair.
There's still a few rumored for August IIRC.
But they'll no doubt be pushed into September, knowing Nokia.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-08-08 at 05:00.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
mobiciti.com.au
they usualy ship from HK and I suspect that N9 will be released in Asia first. I was in India couple of days ago and there are people awaiting N9 release, most of them dont give a damn about os, it should be a latest and great looking from Nokia.
Ah I remember these guys. They got a pretty good rep. IIRC.
They were among the 1st to get the N900 into Australia.
$749 AUD's pretty damn good for 64GB don't ya'll reckon?
At least at this early stage....

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Odd thing is. There's been a bunch of Symbian phones announced since June 21st.
And some of them are looking quite likely to come out before the N9 AFAICS.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-08-08 at 07:48.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Not sure if this was already posted, but looks like atleast AT&T will be carrying N9 in states:

http://www.nokiaknowings.com/2011/07...-nokia-n9.html

unless they screwed up that site and left the old store DB in there..

Last edited by mooglez; 2011-08-08 at 08:18.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mooglez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
thats why I dont understand why that idiotboaoard inside Nokia doesnt release the phone RIGHT NOW. Its obvious that the idiotboard doesnt want to sell N9.

I mean if it was released now and its as good as it lock more people will have it when iphone5 is release and they know more what it has and can say "N9 already has blablabla" now instead media will continue overhype Iphone5 release and MrFlop this because he and the rest of the board is ignoring the facts that N9 WAS liked by media when announcded and could very well sell very well. Instead Q3 will also fail.

The board inside Nokia is just a bunch of idiots It seems...
The phone is going to be out when it's ready. Stop being insulting when you don't know what's really going on. People get pissy when Nokia overlooks little issues in software development, but you have no idea what kind of hell would break lose if they'd do product releases the way you are advocating. No it's not good enough if "it seems to work fine for some people".

There is no conspiracy.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Right now its NOKIA N900. I am thinking of
Getting N9, but I don't think it will compete with the iPhone for the every day ease of use. I have always used nokia phones in the past and have no desire to change from nokia to others. Apple and nokia have superior designs. However, nokia lost the OS and design war to Apple. The war is over and N9 will not change that. Not radical enough to make a dent.
What do you really want, a phone that is easier to use than the iPhone, or a phone that is _radically_ easier to use than the iPhone? If the N9 is "just" better, it's not good enough for every day use?

You make a lot of assumptions, to which I just say: Wait for the detailled reviews. We'll all know more when the device is actually out and people start using it on a daily basis (other than biased devs like me). What seems already clear though is that it's either going to be awesome or... awesome with flaws.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
There is no conspiracy.
nor counter swipe.nokia.se anymore

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Doom

The Following User Says Thank You to Guffaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Now I'm mad

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????