Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by fin2cv View Post
Is there, by any chance, any way to use laptop as bigger screen for mapsi and N900? The idea would be to use this combination as a navigation/map screen (chartplotter) when sailing.
You can try using VNC (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=624270&postcount=5). Or if you have Windows laptop you can use Windows version of Mapsi but unfortunately GPS is not working on it yet. Then there's of course video output in N900 but I guess that laptops don't have correct video input ports to get that working.

The Following User Says Thank You to orava For This Useful Post:
This is great app thank you.

Can you add to next version other maps also like mappero had?
Some places air maps would be nice from kansalaisenkarttapaikka.

Originally Posted by kike View Post
Can you add to next version other maps also like mappero had?
Some places air maps would be nice from kansalaisenkarttapaikka.
I will add support for aerial map images in Paikkatietoikkuna (I guess that those are same as in Kansalaisen karttapaikka) to the next version.

Version 2.8.0 is now in extras-devel.

Changelog:
- Aerial map images
- Indicator that shows when map tiles are being downloaded
- Smooth zooming (there are some bugs but should work pretty well anyway)
- Bug fixes

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to orava For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Is there a method to save the gps tracking data, and to re-open it for further use? It would be nice to save latest trolling (uistelu) data and open it at next trolling trip, or in laptop's windows version of mapsi.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
It would be nice to save latest trolling (uistelu) data
Latest trolling data is readily available by cut/pasting from the N9 thread.

Just kidding, indeed would be a nice feature, writing this from my summer cottage terrace and about to go on a boat trip.

I love this application, very useful and interesting to follow the topo maps while cruising on the lakes. Kudos to the developer!

Sir Orava, you are truly a hero!
I cannot express how grateful i am for this application. It beats former mappero 100-0. Looks good, is much easier to use and innovative. Only problem so far is crashing when trying to preload bigger areas for offline use, but im hoping current version fixes it(2.8.0, havent tested it yet).

Anyway. I love this.

Is there a method to save the gps tracking data, and to re-open it for further use? It would be nice to save latest trolling (uistelu) data and open it at next trolling trip, or in laptop's windows version of mapsi.
If you press and hold the gps track menu icon it'll open dialog from where you can save your track. Tracks are saved in GPX format so you can probably open those in some other map applications but not in Mapsi at the moment. I will add that feature to the next version.

The Following User Says Thank You to orava For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by alfagamma81 View Post
Only problem so far is crashing when trying to preload bigger areas for offline use, but im hoping current version fixes it(2.8.0, havent tested it yet).
Unfortunately this is not fixed yet in 2.8.0 but I'll try to fix it on the next version. There's also an other bug in tile downloading that causes that sometimes all tiles won't get downloaded and then you cannot select new area to download tiles from (if you try it'll say that "Tile downloading is already in process."). If you get this bug (or want for some other reason to stop tile downloading) you can press and hold the tile downloading icon. It will abort tile downloading and after that you can select new area to download tiles from.

Thank you very much for a great app!

There's one bug I've noticed while saving the GPS track. The date of the track is always saved as 1.1.1970. If importing the route into some tracking SW (e.g. Endomondo), the date of the track needs to be manually corrected after importing. Not a big deal, but a bit annoying