Notices

Originally Posted by slender View Post
@sperry
Have you installed CSSU?
I have now! I'm not sure why I need to, but I still get the same result as before. I'm not sure what to do now.

Thanks for trying to help.

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Also, try from the CLI to see if you pick up the error message.

Code:
/opt/usr/bin/columbus
I have done as you suggested above. When it failed, the last line on the screen was as follows:

/opt/usr/bin/columbus: symbol lookup error: /opt/usr/bin/columbus: undefined symbol: _ZN13ConfigManager13prependOptonERK7QStringListi ~$

Does this give a clue?

Thanks for trying to help me.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
I have now! I'm not sure why I need to, but I still get the same result as before. I'm not sure what to do now.

Thanks for trying to help.
Oh dear. I just asked because I had that problem after I installed CSSU :|

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
problem is due to librxsupport. Search thread on that term. Bottom line: you need to update librxsupport.

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
problem is due to librxsupport. Search thread on that term. Bottom line: you need to update librxsupport.
Thanks to all for your help. I ran the commands

apt-get upgrade ---> Enter.
apt-get update ---> Enter.

and that cured the problem. Thanks again to all.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2011 @ india
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Make sure the devices are paired aswell and the N900 has your other device set to a trusted device so it can automatically accept incoming connections from it, failing that.

I've only tried it with my laptop and N810, I would if Columbus is saying it's using channel 2, then I guess setting COM port to 2 should do the trick. Other than that, find out from the other software distributor what you should do to get it to connected to a Bluetooth serial port that is using channel 2 and streaming NMEA data.

can you please explain me how to do this with my nokia E51. tried a lot but failed. both are paired and set to automatically accept incoming connection but my E51 can't connect to my N900 when I tried to connect via bluetooth. please explain me the procedure how to do this.
thanks in advance ! ! !

is there a way i can use this program to select a point then when i move away it gives me the direction to the point?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by bman View Post
is there a way i can use this program to select a point then when i move away it gives me the direction to the point?
make a waypoint where you need to and use the navigate to function. direction shown on compass rose.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Had problems using N900 as Network GPS for gpsd.
Finally, got it working with next commands:
mkfifo gpsfifo
nc 192.168.2.15 9300 > gpsfifo &
gpsd -N -D9 gpsfifo
Where 192.168.2.15 is N900 IP and "-N -D9" can be deleted or 9 reduced.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Hi,

I just found this application and it looks very nice. It works with Microsoft Autoroute 2007 in Win7 64bit, but i'm getting SegFaults every so often even when not connected.
When can a new version be expected? I'm using the one from testing at the moment.
I also noticed that the "compass" goes crazy when you're staying in one location. Maybe that could be dampened a little.

Otherwise a very nice application.
Keep up the good work

Regards
Aydan

The Following User Says Thank You to Aydan For This Useful Post:

Tags
navigation, nokia n900