Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
come on now, I never said that.
Was just having fun in my typical sardonic way. Chillax.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Nintendo DSi sold more, was cheaper than Sony PSP Go.

Microsoft XBOX 360 sold more, was cheaper than the Sony PS3.

Sony Vaio X was outsold by most anything but the Dell Adamo XPS - that sold horrible.

Nope. Not seeing it. Better priced... no. Sony's prices stuff too expensive. Nokia... same.
OK without wanting to take this thread off topic this was exactly what I was referring to when I said what you are suggesting has no bearing on whether something is overpriced. If something sells more it does not mean the thing that sells less should be cheaper. That's not how supply and demand works, it doesn't take over the cost of the actual product.

For example if I started selling a gold bar as a paperweight it does not mean I should price it the same as somebody selling a steel paperweight even though its extrinsic value for some users may be the same. by all means you can question the strategy of the person or company selling the gold bar as a paperweight but you cannot call them overpriced or uncompetitive. Hope you catch my drift.

If you added the HD-DVD player, the wifi adaptor, Card reader, comparable HDD size to the launch 360 (not to mention actual BC for old Xbox 1) you would see it rocket to far above even $799 yet alone $599. Overpricing something and a marketing strategy are two different things.

Last edited by Cue; 2011-06-25 at 08:40.

Something pretty horrible if true said by dsmobile. He has proven himself many times over at MR forums. Newest being this Windows phone being clone of Nokia's nonqwerty MeeGo phone said 2 months ago.

Originally Posted by dsmobile View Post
News flash Windows phone is leaked because MS Deal to influense N9 sales also N9 is delayed until Windows phone is ready to get in stores also.

N9 is published because Deal with Intel and if not this would never seen the daylight.

I am not really fan of troijan theory but sabotage to own products just does not feel really what Nokia should be doing currently and this just feels like that.
It would make kind of sense as of why the release date was not given for phone that looks ready.

http://forum2.mobile-review.com/show...cussion/page73

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
"Tin foil hat, Here are the new MeeGo conspiracy theories" by MikroPC

Google translate

I'm glad that all the fuzz about Elop doing his best to kill Meego before its birth is catching.

Last edited by Kozzi; 2011-06-23 at 19:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Flash's *.swf SDK is open source, so you must mean the closed source plugin only.

I can create a *.swf from command line easily.

And yet... you can't control your source like you can with Flash via HTML5 (read: everybody sees your code in HTML5, precompiling can be worked around).

And obviously, with HTML5 being a non-standard as of yet - hell, 4.01 isn't even a standard fully - you think that we'll have universally, non-fragmented playback for everything you may be able to do in HTML5?

Quick answer... not for a long damn time. Saying otherwise is a crack fiend's hope. Webkit != HTML5. It's just a way to view it.

AS3 is based off of ECMA-262. A standard. It's created by Flash, but also open source IDE's and SDK's. And if you wanted to, you could export out *.swf's via open source means. It's the playback that's controlled by one group not named W3C.

Meanwhile, you have faith in the HTML5 standard. I'm actually using it and can tell you... the best HTML5 examples are mostly jQuery examples at one form or another.

I'd suggest a new vector of attack. You're quite wrong in too many places to be taken serious by me on this on. Let's just say you dislike Flash, but for a lot of the wrong reasons and a lot of oft-repeated, and very wrong information.
What i mean is the plugin and I really dislike it cause it craches like hell on Linux desktop and is eating CPU.

As much as possible should be opensource imho. And I dont see any reason the plugin or webapps is closed. Thats the biggest reason I dislike it. I prefer openess as much as possible.

In your opinion for "wrong reasons" but for me good enought reasons.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-06-23 at 19:10.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
What i mean is the plugin and I really dislike it cause it craches like hell on Linux desktop and is eating CPU.
Report your crashes. Most people don't... too unhappy because it's closed source to actually do anything about it.

As much as possible should be opensource imho. And I dont see any reason the plugin or webapps is closed. Thats the biggest reason I dislike it. I prefer openess as much as possible.
There's not an open source plugin for everything. Until there is... your dislike is your opinion; that's fine. But there's not one for Shockwave (Macromedia, now Adobe), there's not an open source plugin for Unity, Anark and many others. I'm not a fan of plugins, but as it stands... Flash has somehow stayed around when others have not.

In your opinion for "wrong reasons" but for me good enought reasons.
At least let your opinions/reasons be based on facts, not falsehoods.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
Why not just trace a X over the app window to close it?
That to me would be very intuitive providing the thumbnails were never smaller than a reasonable size.

Do we know if the task manager grid can be re-arranged?
That's pretty brilliant, press and hold a X mark shown in task manager and drag it over to the app to close it immediately upon releasing it. Kinda like where THC's sense can unlock the screen by dragging the unlock icon to a field or an app (where in this case, you immediately open up that app).

The task manager shows your last used apps firstly thus reagganging on the go. So probably a no for rearranging in task manager.

On a side note, I heard some speculation about a closed down UI is that true? would be bad for modding. I'd hate to jailbreak something that is named Maemo6/Harmattan, sacrilege!

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
a thread to discuss the new UI perhaps could be usefull. you know a thread with the words EPIC, UI and N9 in the title.
anyway I wanted to ask, is it really the way to unlock the screen the double tap? without a swipe or any other mechanism to prevent unwanted unlock?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
I have no idea when Nokia is going to throw away the support for Meego !!
Okay, but why do you tell us? We all don't have, I guess?.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
hi im seashark,

just a nice request for when eventually the community developers who have style and originality that is of ui platform etc get round to developing really nice apps for this to make the process a bit easier for noobs, please create first and formost an app like the xda app for android and windows mobile devices.

Basically then when Im out and about and want to update something and install a really cool feature but it requirs just copying a bit of code into a software updated terminal for instance,,the process will be alot easier than going through the browser on the phone or even having to use my actual computers browser.

if you look up the xda application you will see what I mean, doing this will make the device more mainstream imo

things im looking forward to very briefly,
google talk
n64
dosbox

thats about it really lol and good luck im so getting this phone

meego is just too cute

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????