Active Topics

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Thanks for the link; that's pretty cool.

I just want to quickly remind people how to point to timestamps in youtube. Just add the following to the URL:

#t=m<minutes>s<seconds>

So, your link would look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIn9QeVLXSY#t=1m44s

Thanks again.
Thanks! Was just thinking of how it was done yesterday, but wasn't bothered to google.... yes i'm lazy.

Originally Posted by buchanmilne View Post
What is wrong with the GPS on the N900 ?

Or, do you mean the Nokia Maps application? Please, go read the release material, rather than wasting time posting questions that you could answer for yourself in less time than typing the question ...
Nothing is terribly wrong on the N900, but my E7 is a lot quicker at tracking the location. And I'd prefer not to see a step back there if I get an N9 as my main phone.

Last edited by RFS-81; 2011-06-22 at 18:19.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Right now I'm having a problem with the top-right-corner kill boxes not being available as soon as you go to the Open Application home. This long-press thing is going to get old fast. If Nokia doesn't change that, it should be hackable to immediately send it into that mode.
Me too...And I wonder why the UI team has not evolved the idea of swipe here as well? I can imagine this like when you flick/swipe the application up it closes. This can work both in app window and in task manager. Just flick it to top and it is closed.
I think swiping/flicking motions can be used extensively in UI thus leaving obsolete SW button out...Think of the great way the Maemo5 is acting - just touch screen outside the focused area and the focused element hides. No need for back or close button.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Me too...And I wonder why the UI team has not evolved the idea of swipe here as well? I can imagine this like when you flick/swipe the application up it closes. This can work both in app window and in task manager. Just flick it to top and it is closed.
I think swiping/flicking motions can be used extensively in UI thus leaving obsolete SW button out...Think of the great way the Maemo5 is acting - just touch screen outside the focused area and the focused element hides. No need for back or close button.
webos has this swipe up action to close apps, works well. I like it

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
This is prob posted already, but nice article from Engadget, yes.... i said Engadget.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/22/e...ot-be-serious/

The Following User Says Thank You to scapegoat845 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Or maybe a double, perhaps even a triple tap on the app in task manager so it closes? I'm not familiar with how precise the swiping is (but I assume it's lenient in interpretation because of all the swiping), could some of you hands-on people tell us? Thanks.

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bangalore
I have no idea when Nokia is going to throw away the support for Meego !!

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Why not just trace a X over the app window to close it?
That to me would be very intuitive providing the thumbnails were never smaller than a reasonable size.

Do we know if the task manager grid can be re-arranged?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Verythrax View Post
Coming on Sep 23rd?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/22/n...-awkwardly-tr/
If true that's soooo ridiculously late it's not funny.
I simply don't believe it wasn't possible for it to be in the publics hand's "now", if not mths ago.
Or at the very latest, 1mth from now....

It's gunna have a seriously hard time getting traction because the iP5 will prolly be out round then too.
And it prolly only just beats the iP4, doubt it will have a chance against the iP5.
They better price it cheaply (Elop won't) or there's a strong chance they're screwed, yet again.

This is being deliberately stalled by Elop & co, there's no other way to explain it.
H-M has been rock-slid for months & months, & hw prototyping is always in place, long before the sw solidifies.

Frack Nokia!!!!!!!!!!!! FTL!!

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????