Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
Shame on you, Elop. And shame on you, Nokia. And to the Finns, well, that is what happens when you let the devil inside.
I'm fairly certain that overall Elop is executing board's earlier made decisions. But at the same time I assume that former CEO and now the chairman of the board Jorma Ollila wouldn't be this quick to say no to Meego. It's not Elop alone who can kill linux inside Nokia, but of course he's got a lot of power to drive it down.

The history will tell us what Elop was really like as a CEO. Whether he really disses anything else than Microsoft's products remains to be seen.

Personally I'm afraid that he came to Nokia to be prepped to succeed Ballmer as a CEO of Microsoft, and he lets nothing get in the way of Nokia becoming a Windows Phone-only house.

As a Finn and as a European I'm really sad that after Nokia moves to Windows Phone there are only three major players in the mobile OS industry: iOS, Android and WinPhone, and they are all American, and the companies behind them are not exactly the most consumer friendly ones.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pasih For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
....i did read it, native finnish and i didn't find anything about this?
Read it again then. It's on economy section.

EDIT: Otsikko on "Elop sulkee pois Meegon paluun". Elopin mukaan...jne. Aika selkeä juttu. Hesarin verkkoversiossa on lyhyeksi pätkitty versio. Puhun nyt siis printtiversiosta.

Last edited by Rauha; 2011-06-23 at 09:21.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
help me obi-wan intel, you're my only hope.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyllerbuzcut For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pasih View Post
I'm fairly certain that overall Elop is executing board's earlier made decisions. But at the same time I assume that former CEO and now the chairman of the board Jorma Ollila wouldn't be this quick to say no to Meego. It's not Elop alone who can kill linux inside Nokia, but of course he's got a lot of power to drive it down.
Yes, maybe the path had been set before. But I don't believe the decision had been final. As far as I can tell from news reports and blogs, even Elop had discussions with Android (although they were short ). Elop also had back and forths with MeeGo devs about the feasability of future MeeGo device announcements, something I don't think he would have done had all the decisions been taken by the board.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
Yes, maybe the path had been set before. But I don't believe the decision had been final. As far as I can tell from news reports and blogs, even Elop had discussions with Android (although they were short ). Elop also had back and forths with MeeGo devs about the feasability of future MeeGo device announcements, something I don't think he would have done had all the decisions been taken by the board.
That depends if the remaining board members are still active players (persuaded by Nokia-M$ deal). In that case that leaves a small amount of hope if the sales are proven to be good for N9.

If they are inactive (subdued by Nokia-M$ deal), there is nothing anybody else can do it.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Read it again then. It's on economy section.

EDIT: Otsikko on "Elop sulkee pois Meegon paluun". Elopin mukaan...jne. Aika selkeä juttu. Hesarin verkkoversiossa on lyhyeksi pätkitty versio. Puhun nyt siis printtiversiosta.
I meant the MTV3 article, but yeah reading the paper HS just now and it's there.

"According to Elop there's mo return to MeeGo, even if N9 would be success"
.... fock i hate that guy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
I meant the MTV3 article, but yeah reading the paper HS just now and it's there.

"According to Elop there's mo return to MeeGo, even if N9 would be success"
.... fock i hate that guy.
I've rotated your image.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
I've rotated your image.

Heh writing this from ipad 2 and it wanted to turn the pic upside down for some reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
There is one N9 sitting on the table in front of him.

Heh writing this from ipad 2 and it wanted to turn the pic upside down for some reason.
I just thought you are being disruptive.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:

Tags
elopcalypse, elopocalypse, insanity, makesnosense, trojan