Active Topics

Originally Posted by Brock View Post
but what i dont get is, why you want it to be attachable if it is cableless. which benefits does it have? It has bt so you can place everywhere.
How would you keep the phone in your hands while typing if the keyboard is not attached to the phone?

The Following User Says Thank You to low life For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
but what i dont get is, why you want it to be attachable if it is cableless. which benefits does it have? It has bt so you can place everywhere.
Because without it you need a table or other surface to put the phone on. On my N900 I can use the keyboard while holding the phone (or internet tablet for those that refuse to call it a phone) in my hands.

Availability of a nice addon hwkb attachment would remove all my concerns about a kbless device. If the hwk can also be used without being attached (bluetooth) that would be nice too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
just one question: is somebody else in this forum who can „confirm“ that their is a U8500 SoC in the N9? sounds a bit weird that devs get a device with a different SoC.

Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
Okay.. you know what. Would you like to wager a bet that the device which will be for consumers will NOT be this one ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRvbG...yer_detailpage

bet

the device you didn't comment about (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=806 ) shows up in that video, last one of Symbian^3 devices, right before the MeeGo slide (36")

and then there is THE MeeGo device, of course, N9 (1'56")

Last edited by misterc; 2011-05-21 at 12:50.

Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
Okay.. you know what. Would you like to wager a bet that the device which will be for consumers will NOT be this one ?
It's ok... we believe you already... However, what about interested folks who still want to buy the QWERTY version no matter what the other device will be. You seem to have no info if that will be possible...

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
For me no HWK and SD card slot = FAIL

The Following User Says Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Im sorry, but if you say consumers dont want keyboards then u seriously must not get out much..

Besides the iPhone craze, go look at most younger people aged from 15-30 which are the ones who will most likely be getting phones like this.

Most of them will prefer a HARDWARE keyboard, not them shitty touchscreen nonsense. Most people get blackberry's n phones with QWERTY keyboards purely as this generation sends texts NON STOP!

Nobody wants to sit typing thousands of SMS' on some crappy touch screen keyboard...

It nokia don't release their device without a keyboard then they are just plain stupid, and are going to be loosing out on ALOT of money... Inlcuding mine.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by low life View Post
How would you keep the phone in your hands while typing if the keyboard is not attached to the phone?
i would place both on the desk...

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Have you seen the N95 camera module. If you see one you will stop wondering why the N95 is an absolute brick. It must be more than 18 mm thick.
No doubt. Though i was talking more about the quality of pics.
Would be fun to compare to Samsung 8mpx and Nokia's 12mpx module as far as size of it goes.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-05-21 at 12:33.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
No doubt. Though i was talking more about the quality on pocs.
Would be fun to compare to Samsung 8mpx and Nokia's 12mpx module as far as size of it goes.
yeah ok every time (5mpx af over 8mpix edof)
samsungs 8mpix af of omnia hd though seems slim enough and takes awesome pics & video. No continuous af on video though
________
Live Sex

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:58.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland